Softube Intellijel Rubicon for Modular
VCO Module for Softube Modular
The thru-zero frequency modulation of Rubicon is ideal for experimenting with FM synthesis. Rubicon is an analogue VCO design masterpiece, originally created by Dave Dixon with Intellijel. It is a unique Eurorack module, now offered as an add-on module for Modular.
The Rubicon is an analogue triangle core VCO that is capable of thru-zero frequency modulation. It is a feature packed VCO with multiple simultaneous waveform outputs, including waves that are multiples or divisions of the base frequency.
- High-precision emulated Triangle core
- Switchable linear and (for the first time in any module) exponential TZFM (through-zero FM)
- Linear index VCA for dynamic control of TZFM depth
- Symmetry control (full clockwise is normal, full counter-clockwise gives reversed waveforms, centred the VCO is at 0 Hz) with CV
- 12 primary waveform types: sine, sigmoid, double sigmoid, triangle, saw, double saw, zigzag, square, pulse (centre modulated), pulse (edge modulated), double pulse
- Suboctave circuit with -1 and -2 octaves. The sub octave output is affected by FM just like the main signals
- Soft sync (also known as reversing sync) with attenuator
- Hard sync with selectable reset direction (determines if the triangle starts moving up or down after a reset, very useful in LFO mode)
- Pulse-width modulation and exponential FM with dedicated attenuators
- Requires Modular
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
NUS Card, Student ID Card, Letter of enrollmentTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/licence code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the licence code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.