SubMission Audio PunkBass
Electric Bass Virtual Instrument for Kontakt Player
PunkBass is a virtual bass instrument which recalls a simpler time, of summers spent at the skate park with friends, of knee-high cargo shorts and wallet chains, and above all: of catchy pop-punk music played on your dad's guitars. PunkBass is an idyllic embodiment of this classic era in music history, putting the tones of your favorite artists directly at your fingertips.
"Punkbass has really impressed me with its instantly classic sound, grit and flexibility as a song-writing tool, especially when you need that punchy P-Bass tone. Hats off to Submission for creating an iconic and versatile instrument."
- Forrester Savell (Karnivool, Dead Letter Circus)
- Runs in the FREE Kontakt Player - no extra expense!
- INSTANT mix-ready, P-bass tone.
- Perfect tuning.
- Industry-leading tempo-synced alternate picking algorithm.
- Array of articulations to humanize the performance.
- The sound of brand new strings, all the time.
- Stereo chorus for increased mix presence.
- Thousands of meticulously-recorded samples.
- The joy of recording without a bass player.
- Crafted through two decades of combined recording experience.
- Note range: B0 to D4. (Down to Drop B)
Includes 3 Unique Tonal VariantsDI (Raw) - Directly from the instrument, captured with meticulous attention to detail, using the finest recording gear available. You're the sculptor and this is your clay. The sky is the limit, and this tone can be whatever you desire.
First Bass - A throwback to the popular P-bass tones of the 90s and 00s. Lightly driven to bring out articulation, fret clank and string noise. Sits beautifully among rhythm guitars.
Teen Fuzz - Something a little more edgy. High-end analog distortion, dialed up for a grimy, in-your-face fuzz sound that will fit right into even the densest wall of guitars.
Alternate Picking Made Easy
Our alternate picking algorithm automatically detects the tempo of your project and reacts to any tempo changes. Simply set the note value you want to engage alternate picking and go!
Your selection will be displayed, along with the automatically-detected tempo of your project, and resulting millisecond value of the alternate picking threshold.
Minimum System Requirements:
- Kontakt or Kontakt Player 6.1 or higher
- Mac OS X 10.12, macOS 10.13 or 10.14 (latest update), i5.
- Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 (latest Service Pack), Intel Core i5 or equivalent CPU.
- An Internet connection and a graphics card that supports OpenGL 2.1 or higher are required to download and activate this product.
- Once installed and activated, the product can be used offline.
- 4GB RAM Minimum (6GB+ recommended).
- Mac OS X (64-bit only): Stand-alone, VST, AU, AAX
- Windows (32/64-bit): Stand-alone, VST, AAX
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
NUS Card, Student ID Card, Letter of enrollmentTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/licence code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the licence code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.