MusicLab RealEightDefault Title
8-String Guitar Virtual Instrument
We are proud to present the RealEight virtual guitar instrument - the ideal guitar for creating lead, rhythm riff, and even bass tracks in your future rock and metal masterpieces! New RealEight 4 now got full-featured chording/strumming engine letting you successfully use it in a wide range of rock and pop music styles as well
REALEIGHT is 8-string sample-based electric guitar virtual instrument.
RealEight provides incredible playability based on easy-to-use keyboard layout as well as the advanced key/pedal/velocity switch system allowing a keyboardist to perform guitar parts with a whole new level of realistic expression.
RealEight covers practically all sounds, articulations, and techniques a professional guitarist can produce on his 8-string electric guitar, including mute, bridge mute, harmonics, pinch harmonics, sliding, scraping, etc.
24-bit high-quality dry samples recorded directly from pick-ups let you easily create any desired guitar sound using your favorite amplifier simulator.
- Incredibly deep sound covering huge 5-octave note range (8 strings, 24 frets)!
- Ready-to-use Double Track and Quad Track patches with a single MIDI input
- 30+ authentic guitar articulations and effects
- Advanced Humanize section allowing to add realism to the performance both live and step-recorded in a MIDI track
- Baritone mode turning RealEight into 7-string baritone guitar (tuning F#-B-E-A-D-f#-b)
- Bass mode lowering the pitch of all strings to Bass guitar tuning
- The unique Floating Fret Position technology, which imitates change of fret position of a guitarist's hand on the neck. This gives you the possibility of playing on up to 200 guitar frets using just 60 keys of a standard keyboard!
- Guitar Rhythm Pattern technology providing powerful Pattern Manager completed with huge MusicLab Guitar Pattern Library for easily creating guitar accompaniment tracks. All you have to do is to find the appropriate rhythm pattern(s) in the Pattern Manager tree view, copy it to the needed number of measures, start your sequencer and use MIDI keyboard to play chord changes, or alternatively add chords to a MIDI track via sequencer's editor.
- Song Mode turning RealEight 4 into a powerful and easy-to-use songwriting tool allowing you in no time create perfect guitar backing tracks for your songs. Simply insert chord symbols and rhythm patterns into the built-in Song Track - and your guitar part is ready!
- The unique Struminator technology letting you use alternative MIDI controller (Guitar Hero 4 and World Tour controllers only for Sony Playstation 3 by Activision Inc.) for creating authentic guitar accompaniment parts with ease and fun.
- RealEight 4 has now three tuning selections: Standard, Baritone and Bass available by simply clicking the appropriate button
- Standard: 8-string guitar standard tuning: F#-B-E-A-D-G-b-e with 8th string lowered to E (Drop E, expandable to Drop B)
- Baritone: 7-string baritone guitar tuning: F#-B-E-A-D-f#-b with 7th string lowered to E (Drop E, expandable to Drop B). The 1st string will be disabled
- Bass: 8-string bass guitar tuning: F#-B-E-A-D-G-C-F. Notes played by MIDI will now trigger lower by octave sounds, thus keeping the whole keyboard layout unchanged
- Solo, Harmony, Chords, Bass & Chord, Bass & Pick, Direct
- Full length (recorded with full attack and sustain)
- Muted (fret hand mute)
- Bridge Mute (palm mute)
- Harmonics (Artificial)
- Pinch Harmonics
- Fret Position select
- Pick position select (15 points)
- Pick Noise (adjustable level)
- Fret Noise (auto)
- Release Noise (auto)
- Drop B tuning (Solo mode)
- Bass tuning
- Baritone tuning
- Violining (volume swell)
- Sustainer (sound swell)
- FeedBacker (harmonic feedback)
- Wah-Wah (MIDI CC control, Auto, Modulation)
- up to 31 assignable FXs
- 33 keys for Key Switches
- Toggle/temporary switch modes
- Custom Key Switch presets (save/load)
- 12 assignable FXs (including Mode Toggle)
- Up/Down strokes
- Hammer-On/Pull-Off (up to octave range)
- Hammer-On with Pull-Off on key release
- (up to octave range)
- Slide Legato Up/Down (up to octave range)
- Slide Up/Down (up to 2-octave range, speed adjustable)
- Slide Up/Down Trigger to/from sustaining notes (speed/range adjustable)
- Tremolo (up/down strokes, speed adjustable, tempo sync)
- Trill (up to octave range, speed adjustable, tempo sync)
- Bend auto (range, speed adjustable)
- Reverse Bend auto (range, speed adjustable)
- MonoBend (Unison Bend, lower string bend)
- Muted Strums Up/Down
- Slow Strums Up/Down
- Chucka-Chucka (barre chords muted) Up/Down, various string combinations
- Attack/Release time adjustable
- Strum Speed adjustable
- Strum layers (string groups) control
- Number of strings used in strums adjustable
- FretNoise (trigger)
- Transpose, Transpose(toggle)
- Unison/Octave selection for Harmonics
- Harmonics on black Add-on keys in Bass&Pick mode
(V4) Chord Detect/construct System
- 1-4 note piano chords to 6-voice guitar chords real-time translation
- 30 chord types recognition, including sus2, sus4, 6/9, 7th, 9th and altered chords
- 4 chord positions along the fretboard
- Slash Bass Chords option - allows to perform major/minor triads with any note in the bass
- About 2000 instant guitar chord shapes
(V4) Chord Editor (edit/change Factory Chord Fingerings)
(V4) Pattern Manager
- Built-in multi-functional Pattern Manager letting you in no time create professionally sounding guitar accompaniment tracks
- MusicLab Guitar Pattern Library (1250 rhythm patterns covering a wide range of music styles)
- Pattern Tree view allowing to easily find/select rhythm patterns
- Pattern view, graphically presenting guitar 'Strokes' contained in the current rhythm pattern
- Auditioning selected pattern by simply pressing chord on the external keyboard without starting your host sequencer
- Total synchronization with host's tempo, start/stop, beats, loop, time signature
- Drag'n'Drop selected pattern from Pattern window right to your host's MIDI track
- Real time pattern arranging (changing pattern performance on the fly):
- Add/reduce dynamics (velo+)
- Randomize dynamics
- Apply velocity of trigger chord to pattern dynamics
- Continuous dynamics changes (+/- velocity assigned to Pitch Bender controller)
- Controlling string layers in strums (full/upper/lower) with the input chord notes
(V4) Song Mode, Turning Realeight 4 Into a Powerful Songwriting Tool:
- Easy-to-use built-in Song Track for constructing guitar parts
- Chord Selector, allowing to quickly select and insert chords
- Import the whole chord sets directly from WEB page or Text document
- Powerful Style Filter letting you find suitable patterns by musical criteria
- Export Song Track as a Standard MIDI file to use with any third-party instruments
- Pick Position
- Random Mutes
- Attack Time
- Stroke Time
- Strum Time
- Tremolo/Trill timing
Double- and Quad-Tracking Configuration Letting You Easily Simulate ‘multi-Tracked’ Guitar Parts with The Single Midi Input
(V4) Joystick Mode (Game Controller Guitar Input)
MIDI Guitar Mode (normal Guitar via Midi Interface Input)
RealEight Bonus Software
RealEight ships with IK Multimedia Amplitube Custom Shop software! AmpliTube Custom Shop is a full-featured version of AmpliTube, with 24 gear models included for recording and mixing in your favorite Mac/Win DAW or for playing on stage or practicing at home. Plus, the included Custom Shop allows you to try and buy over 200 new gear models available. You can now build your own collection of amp and effects models with a level of customization never seen before and at prices never so affordable.
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
NUS Card, Student ID Card, Letter of enrollmentTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/licence code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the licence code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.