Virtual Instrument for Kontakt Full
Frendo is a custom-built Soundiron instrument. We created this monster by stringing bailing wire around and through steel plates and bolts, over galvanized steel piping and across wood planks. It was meant to suffer. You can help by mistreating it in horrible ways with screwdrivers, bows, drum sticks, mallets, and fingers. The instrument holds a vast amount of otherworldly sounds, which is ideal for composers looking for new disturbing, horror-like textures for their scores. Frendo is partially a mallet instrument, recorded with wooden and rubber mallets, but is also a more traditional string instrument, since we recorded finger plucks and bows. It's the sound of Satan's cello, weeping softly for your burning soul.
Made of knotty pine, rusted steel bailing wire, eye bolts, hooks, deck screws, hurricane brackets and an old 24" bass drum, this 5-stringed son of a bitch was 8 feet long and 3 feet wide. The body had a 2"6 spine and two separate body segments to allow torquing and bending while the instrument was played. It was strung with black iron bailing wire, wound over galvanized steel angle brackets and plates and through heavy gauge eye bolts that we used as tuners, by way of a pipe wrench.
We played it with a violin bow, screwdrivers, rubber, and wooden mallets, picks, hands and fingers and have provided an array of custom controls, presets, effects and tools to allow total sonic freedom and control over the sound. This library is a unique tuned percussion and string instrument in its own right, but also makes an excellent effect and sound design material for stingers, trailers, reveals, slates, post-production and any number of other specialized production uses.
- Two stereo microphone positions (heads – internal mics), (tail – external big hall mics)
- Wooden mallets: "tuned", 3-4 velocity layers, 10x round-robin
- Rubber mallets: "tuned", 5 velocity layers, 10x round-robin
- Finger plucks: "tuned", 1-3 velocity layers, 6x round-robin
- Bowed FX: bow scrapes, staccato notes, 1-3 velocity layers, 6x – 9x round-robin
- Bowed high notes: stabs and sustains, 1-3 velocity layers, 4x round-robin
- Bowed low notes: stabs and sustains, tuned and un-tuned, 6x round-robin and looping "legato" patches
- Bowed tremolo: effects and sustains, with fast, medium and slow variations
- Screwdriver slides: long and short
- 3 large sound effects patches, including creaks, cracks, groans, tuning twangs and sproings.
- All recorded with natural acoustics in our tile, glass and stone hall or from inside the Frendo resonance chamber itself.
- Product Version 2.0
- 1.17 GB Installed
- 1,251 Samples
- 62 Kontakt 3.5 .nki instrument presets
- 16 bit / 44.1 kHz uncompressed PCM wav audio
- Unlocked Kontakt presets and wav samples to allow user customization
- Includes a bonus collection of custom sound-designed ambiences, drones, and special FX presets, as well as our favorite custom convolution reverb impulses and an advanced Kontakt user interface with full automation support.
Made for Kontakt Full
This library is designed for the full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt 3.5 or later. Kontakt is an industry-standard advanced virtual instrument software platform. You can view screenshots of this library's custom graphical user interface in the image gallery above. This library is packed with features to provide you a wide range of sound shaping parameter controls, each one totally automation-ready in your host environment or Kontakt's stand-alone mode.
This is a standard Kontakt open-format library, so the free Kontakt Player does not fully support it and can only run it in a limited "demo mode". However, the sample directories are unlocked so you can use them in other wav-compatible software, sampler and synth formats. The special Libraries tab doesn't support this open-format Kontakt library, but you can use the standard File browser tab and import this library into the Kontakt Quickload window for easy loading and navigation.
- The full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt version 3.5 (or later) is required to use .nki instrument presets included in this library.
- The free Kontakt "Player" and "Add Library" import process do not support this standard open-format Kontakt library.
- Windows XP or higher
- Mac OSX 10.6 or higher
- Dual Core CPU or better
- 2GB RAM or more
- SATA or SSD hard drive recommended for this library
- This software is delivered as a digital download. A broadband internet connection is required.
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
NUS Card, Student ID Card, Letter of enrollmentTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/licence code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the licence code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.