Toontrack EZKeys Cinematic Grand + Free Sound ExpansionDefault Title
Grand Piano Virtual Instrument
Prepare For The Unexpected
Unique fabrics of sound, tailored for ambient soundscapes, soundtracks, and creative sound design.
In simple terms, EZkeys Cinematic Grand is a prepared piano – a traditional instrument that’s had its sound altered by objects placed on or between the strings. But in this case, that’s simplifying too much. EZkeys Cinematic Grand presents an all-new hybrid instrument where perfect fidelity meets altered harmonics and layered textures to form never-before-heard piano timbres. Based on a classic Bösendorfer from 1891, this one-of-a-kind instrument was recorded in four individual configurations – one where horsehair was used as a bow on each piano string (‘Bowed’); one where the strings were struck by hand (‘Plucked’); one where various preparations were added to generate a muffled tone color (‘Damped’) and, in opposite, one where the overtones were exaggerated, producing an ambient and soaring timbre (‘Harmonic’).
These four configurations were then saturated with various chains of sound-shaping effects and used in different combinations to form unique fabrics of sound. Welcome to a piano that goes well beyond the tradition, ready to serve as sonic backdrop to virtually any mood, narrative or audio scene you can imagine. This is the ultimate “grand piano” for out-of-this-world compositions, just as perfect for soundtracks as it is for any stripe of modern music production or sound design.
- Ideal for ambient soundscapes, soundtracks, and creative sound design
- Based on a classic Bösendorfer from 1891, recorded in four octaves and in four different configurations (to be used individually or together in preset combinations)
- 40 mix-ready presets, offering creative instrument blends of never-before-heard hybrids of sounds
EZkeys Cinematic Grand includes 34 unique, mix-ready presets involving one or several of the recorded configurations in combination with various chains of sound-shaping effects.
The ‘Dream’ knob is layered with different types of diffusion, and by cranking this control you travel through time back to yet unexplored, mysterious audio realms reminiscent of the 1980s.
A majestic and reverberant sound with a dystopian touch. Heavily based on the ‘Bowed’ piano with a touch of added distortion, chorus and a lot of plate reverb.
Ambient String Pluck
This one is perfect subtle ambience, but it also works great upfront in the mix.
The ‘Bowed’ piano going through two guitar amps panned hard left and right, combined with a church-like reverb.
A lot of space, pitch, and chorus in this one.
This preset is at its best in the lower octaves with long, eery single notes. In this one, we used octave processing, a rotary effect and, of course, a bunch of reverb.
This preset has a big emphasis on the ‘Bowed’ piano, making the texture from the horsehair come to life.
The angry cousin of the ‘Cloudy Sky’ preset. Its working title was ‘Demogorgon’, for you who have watched “Stranger Things”.
Utilizes all pianos except the ‘Bowed’. Perfect for slow, creepy notes in the borderlands between drama and horror.
A pad-like preset largely based on the ‘Bowed’ piano. Uses two different reverbs as well as an octave effect.
Dream Organ Les
A darker version of the ‘Dream Organ’ preset. Perfect for adding that suspense feeling! The ‘Rotor Speed’ knob provides interesting stereo effects.
Dream Organ Trem
Based on the ‘Dream Organ’, but with an added tremolo effect.
Huge warm pad with lots of reverb and harmonizers going on!
This preset is focused on the plucking of the piano strings and can, with the right MIDI, get you a roundtrip ticket to Asia. The delay is quite intense, so use it with caution!
A lot to find here since each sound has a separate treatment. Turn the knobs to find out more!
The intimate sound of the hammers of the grand piano and the bowed strings seem like a perfect match for the intimate feel this preset sounds like.
Key Noise Deluxe
A lot of keystroke sounds blended with the ‘Plucked’ and ‘Harmonic’ pianos and a touch of an ambient reverb.
This preset uses all four pianos, panned in different ways. The ‘Plucked’ and ‘Harmonic’ piano has some delay processing, while the ‘Bowed’ uses a rotary effect, giving this preset a subtle organ feel.
In this preset, we combined all the four main pianos, but only put a filter LFO on the strings.
Imagine being close to the water, it’s raining outside and the sea is rough. This preset is cozy and harsh at the same time.
Like the name applies, a single piano! There’s a lot of hammer sounds and warmth in this one.
A big one featuring chorus and hall reverb!
Wet, lots of delays, vibratos, pitch FX. Sounds like a harp extracted from a dream scene!
A blend between the ‘Plucked’ piano and the ‘Harmonic’ piano, but also a lot of bowed strings.
‘Nostalgia’ is perfect for adding a sentimental tone to your songs. You can control the bounce back of the inverted reverberation with the ‘Inverse’ knob.
In ‘Organize’, all the mics and recorded samples are routed through an Hammond-type amplifier. By turning the ‘Organ’ knob, you can adjust the rotary effect level, making it either very subtle or making the piano sound almost like an organ.
All four preparations of the piano on equal levels, without any added effects.
Just a beautiful preset with many layers. It sounds almost like a harpsichord, but with lots of ambience, depth and character. Try it yourself – it’s magical!
Beautiful pad sounds with panning, LFOs, distortion, pitch FX. What more could you wish for?
For that scene with a touch of romance and hope! The ‘Plucked’ piano has a high-end boost to get a more shimmery overall feel.
Small, beautiful and fluid, with a plate reverb to die for.
Soft Indie Film
Very personal and straight-forward, with delay and a good base sound. This sound really brings character without taking up too much space.
With its almost pad-like sound, this preset is amazing for long notes.
This one is enormous and can make you feel small, in a beautiful awe-inspiring way. The sound was inspired by the organ in Hans Zimmer’s Interstellar score.
Strange World is, quite frankly, a strange preset, but in a good way. it is focused on making the recordings of the key noise sound great, but if you don’t want one single sound on every key you can turn upp the ‘Tonality’ knob.
A soft pad sound made up by filters, phaser and delays.
A reversed reverb with a touch of the ‘Plucked’ and ‘Damped’ piano gives this preset a scent of a summer breeze.
This one has artificial pitched layers added under the ‘Detuner’ knob to make the sound less ‘authentic’ and more sampled. You can also control the dynamics with a lowpass filter.
As the name applies, this one gives you a feeling of unease and is pretty mystical-sounding.
A beautiful pad sound with bowed horsehair and lots of space.
- 32 and 64-bit AAX, VST, AU and RTAS instrument as well as a low latency stand-alone application
- Drag and drop the included MIDI straight to the built-in song track
- Drag and drop support for your own or third party MIDI straight into EZkeys
- Drag and drop MIDI from the song track or directly from the song browser to your DAW or to your desktop
- EZkeys will analyze and chord-separate any MIDI on the fly
- Record or overdub MIDI directly in EZkeys
- Use your own, the included or any third party MIDI/chord progressions and transform with playing styles found in other MIDI files
- Quickly add basic chords to the timeline or drag and drop any chord from the Chord Wheel
- Real-time chord display that enables you to instantly see what chords you are playing
- Chord selector, based upon the circle of fifths, allowing you to change chords instantly
- Presets for the most commonly used chord types
- Customize the coloration of any chord by opening up the detailed view
- Alter the voicing of a chord on the fly by clicking the – or + buttons in the Chord Wheel
- “Humanize” any pre-quantized MIDI upon import in EZkeys
- Transpose individual song blocks or full songs
- Export songs or files as wave files straight from the EZkeys interface
- Comes with an easy to understand music theory document including MIDI examples
- Possibility to tune the piano by octave, semitone or cents
- Dynamics controls that let you adjust the velocity response to match your keyboard or playing style
- Three pedals: sustain, sostenuto, and damping
- MIDI-learn and automation
- Ready-made presets utilizing high-quality effects from Overloud. The presets range from raw and unprocessed to heavily distorted and tweaked
- Extensive MIDI library played by a professional session pianist
- All major styles covered (Pop/Rock, Soul/RnB, Country, Gospel, Jazz, Blues, Boogie, Funk)
- All songs performed in full 8 bar or longer blocks
- All songs performed with increasing intensity as intro, verse, pre-chorus, chorus and bridge variations
- Single, rhythmical and broken chords in different variations as well as FX and endings
- Straight/swing variations in 4/4 and 6/8
- Intuitive browser that lets you add you own favorites and arrange them in folders
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
NUS Card, Student ID Card, Letter of enrollmentTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/licence code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the licence code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.