VSL Synchron-ized Special Edition Vol. 5: Dimension StringsSynchron-ized Special Edition Vol. 5
Orchestral Virtual Instrument
- 5 String sections, taken from SYNCHRON-ized Dimension Strings:
- 8 First Violins • 8 Second Violins • 6 Violas • 6 Cellos • 4 Double Basses
- Normal and muted articulations: Staccato, détaché, sustained, sforzato, legato, portamento, tremolo, pizzicato
- Easily switch between “senza sordino” (normal) and “con sordino” (muted) articulations in one Preset
- Authentic ensemble sound with direct access to each voice
- Humanize Presets for real-time control of performance accuracy
- Outstanding ambience of Synchron Stage Vienna
- Pre-configured reverb settings for accurate and authentic placement of each instrument on stage
- Production-ready sound, out of the box
Stunning Realism Through Imperfection
The string players of these ensembles were recorded in homogeneous groups, capturing all of the human interactions and slight imperfections of a live performance. Individual microphones for each player allow you to access each voice of the ensemble separately.
Even the best musicians never play in perfect unison; slight imperfections in pitch and timing, as well as different timbres and vibrato intensities create a lively, beautiful ensemble sound. When playing as a group, musicians continually adapt to each other, and their interactions within the ensemble reveal the “magic” of a live performance. With our Synchron Player and its Auto Humanization feature, these nuances and variations are created automatically while simply playing the keyboard.
You may easily select the number of musicians of the ensemble in one instance of the Synchron Player, from the principal, to single desks, to the full ensemble size. What’s more, you can automate the integrated mixer and therefore control the volume of each player separately. Each ensemble instrument has its own Synchron Stage Impulse Response for placement and reverberation, so it’s a breeze to use different Dimension Strings ensemble sizes in one instance of the player.
The Vienna Synchron Player incorporates a specifically designed convolution reverb derived from Vienna MIR Pro, featuring the outstanding ambience of the 540 m² (5,813 sq.ft.) main hall of Synchron Stage Vienna. The perfectly engineered reverberation and placement presets combine customized impulse responses with expertly crafted reverb settings for each instrument or ensemble. By adding the ambience of Synchron Stage Vienna’s Stage A to the relatively dry samples in real-time, the SYNCHRON-ized Special Editions perfectly blend with any other product of our Synchron Series, resulting in a production-ready sound “out of the box”.
You may expand the string ensembles of SYNCHRON-ized Special Edition Vol. 5 with additional articulations by upgrading to the large Collections SYNCHRON-ized Dimension Strings I and SYNCHRON-ized Dimension Strings II (muted) at favorable upgrade prices. In addition to many more articulations, the larger Collections offer the possibility to select playing on certain strings (“force strings”, e.g., sul G), “avoid open strings”, and “use open strings”.
- Sample Amount: 186,358
- Download File Size: 25.5 GB
- Installed File Size: 51.1 GB
- Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- MacOS 10.10 (latest update) or higher, Intel Core 2 Duo
- Hard drive for sample content: 7200 rpm or faster (SSD recommended)
- 8 GB RAM (16 GB recommended)
- AU/VST/AAX Native compatible host (AAX version requires Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher)
- VIENNA KEY (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
- 51.1 GB free hard drive space
Other configurations may work but are not actively supported.
- Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 64-bit), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- macOS 10.12 (or higher), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- SSD (M2, Sata 6 or USB3/3.1 UASP Support) for sample content
- 16 GB RAM
- 88 key master keyboard
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
NUS Card, Student ID Card, Letter of enrollmentTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/licence code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the licence code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.