Audified U73b Compressor -
Tube Compressor Plugin
Faithful emulation of the German broadcast compressor/limiter unit U73b. 2nd generation of the famous plug-in.
The quality and uniqueness of its sound and the inaccessibility of the original device makes U73b Compressor plug-in hitting the top ranks of the producers' wish lists.
- Award-winning plug-in
- Precise valve circuit model
- Faithful tube sound
- External side-chain
- Auto Output parameter
The device was often used for mastering between 1960 and 1980. It is an all-tube vary-mu compressor/limiter with adjustable release time option. We kept the circuit exactly as it was originally designed and only added input and output gain (before and right after compressor circuit) to help with proper adjustment of the compression. The plugin effect has been also supplemented with a VU meter and selectable side-chaining.
There are many models of vintage compressors around. The sound and control of the original devices with legendary brand names from one era and one region were great, so it is good to have the originals or software models in your studio. But there is quite a significant number of famous recordings where a different gear was used.
The glory of U73b appeared simultaneously with the glory of the first very famous rock bands. Most of them recorded in Europe and although some studios used American compressors, a significant number of the recording used U73b or very similar products. U73b may bring not only some required diversity to your recordings, but it also brings the sound tied with the golden era of rock music in Europe.
- Compressor/Limiter switch – is the upper U73b knob and it switches between Compressor mode (Kompr), Bypass (Durchschalt) and Limiter mode (Begr). The compressor mode has a lower threshold setting and very gentle increasing ratio, in opposite, the limiter mode provides a higher threshold setting with a higher ratio but still with the smooth knee.
- Release time – the first three positions offer fixed release time, the other three positions (marked red) provide adjustable program content-dependent release time option.
- IN – adjust input gain before the compressor/limiter circuit
- OUT – adjust output gain after the compressor/limiter circuit.
- Key input – selects the signal source used for controlling the gain reduction
- HPF – U73b is a vintage device and as such, it may not meet present mastering demands. We added a bass management button that simply switches between original sound and desired modern sound (without low frequencies bypass).
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
Student ID Card, Letter of enrollment, or similarTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/license code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the license code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.