AudioThing Frostbite 2 -
Spectral Freezing Plugin with Ring Modulator and Feedback
Spectral Freeze, Ring Mod, Feedback
Frostbite is a spectral freezing plugin with a Ring Modulator and a Feedback module. With the three freezing modes (spectral, reverb, convolution), you can transform any sound into ambient textures, soundscapes, or just frozen reverbs.
Frostbite can also be used for extreme sonic experiments by entirely mangling any source with extreme modulations.
The Signal Flow is flexible, you can rearrange the modules with a simple drag-and-drop, and selects between the two modes: serial and parallel.
With the internal LFO, you can modulate most of the parameters on each module, creating evolving eerie soundscapes.
Three Freeze Modes
The Freeze module has three freeze modes that you can choose:
- Spectral, uses FFT to store several analysis windows in memory and replay them randomizing their phases.
- Reverb, a classic reverb algorithm with multiple comb and all-pass filters that can have an infinite decay.
- Convolution, multiplies the input signal with a randomly generated noise impulse, up to 60 seconds
Drag and Drop
- Frostbite 2 can be used in serial or parallel mode.
- When used in serial mode, you can rearrange the modules with a simple drag-and-drop to change the signal flow.
- Freeze (Spectral, Reverb, Convolution)
- Ring Modulator
- Flexible Routing (Drag and Drop)
- 1 LFO with multiple destinations
- 70+ Presets
- Resizable Window
- Preset system with randomizer
- Windows 7, 8, or 10
- MacOS 10.9 Mavericks - 11 Big Sur
- Intel, AMD, or Apple Silicon CPU
- 4GB RAM or more
- AAX Native, AU, VST2, VST3 (all 64-bit only)
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
Student ID Card, Letter of enrollment, or similarTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/license code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the license code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.