AudioThing Speakers -
Microphone and Speaker Simulation Plugin
Microphone and Speaker Simulations
Speakers is a plugin effect designed to emulate a wide range of loudspeakers and microphones using our state-of-the-art convolution engine.
Shape any sound like it’s being played by an old telephone, radio, or classic cabinet; or shape it like it’s being recorded by a vintage ribbon microphone or even a toy recorder.
Speakers features a freely configurable effects chain, comprising compression, distortion, and filtering, as well as an array of looping background noises for setting the sound in a variety of environments.
Speakers is a zero-latency* post-production dream plugin. No iLok or any other dongle required!
The Routing panel enables limitless reordering of Speakers' signal flow. To move a module, simply drag it left or right. The Input module marks the point at which the source signal enters the signal path, disregarding everything to the left. This can be useful for, for example, having the Noise pass through certain modules prior to being joined by the input signal further down the path.
- Rearrange the modules with a simple drag and drop
- Disable a module with CMD or CTRL + Click
- Change the Input position, make sure the lock is open by clicking on it
Clicking the spanner button at the top left of either panel reveals a five-band EQ - low and high shelves and three parametric bands - for shaping the frequency response of the Microphone and Speaker emulations.
Drag the nodes around to set band frequencies and gains, scroll the mouse wheel over a node to tweak the Q, double click to reset the band.
Distortion / Degradation
Speakers features 15 distortion and degradation algorithms for post-production and sound design.
Distortion: Carbon Mic, Classic Drive, Diode Clipper, Foldover, Soft Drive, Tape, Valve.
Degradation: Bit Crusher, Clicks, Drops, GSM, Interference, Quantization, Robotization, Telecom.
- 55 speakers: cabinets, devices, phones, radios, speakers, toys
- 32 microphones: condensers, dynamics, phones, ribbons, and more
- 18 distortion/degradation algorithms: from carbon mic overdrive to GSM interference
- 42 background noises: devices, places, organic, and more (190MB)
- EQ, Compressor, Multimode Filter
- Flexible Routing
- Zero Latency* / Ultra Low CPU
- Resizable Window
- Preset system with randomizer
* Speakers features our state-of-the-art convolution engine with zero latency. However, the Robotization and Quantization degradation algorithms will introduce some latency (based on the FFT size parameter).
- Windows 7, 8, or 10
- MacOS 10.7 Lion - 11 Big Sur
- 2GHz or better Intel, AMD, or Apple Silicon CPU
- 4GB RAM or more
- VST2, VST3, AU, or AAX (64-bit)
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
Student ID Card, Letter of enrollment, or similarTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/license code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the license code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.