Best Service Galaxy II Steinway
Grand Piano Virtual Instrument for Kontakt Player
For Galaxy II, a Steinway D concert grand, probably the most popular concert grand of all, was recorded in Galaxy Studios, Belgium, one of the most sophisticated studios in Europe with a huge recording hall. The instrument was hand-chosen by studio owner Wilfried van Baelen from a range of dozens of instruments at Steinway/Hamburg, delivering an amazing sound with an exceptional dynamic range.
Galaxy Steinway was recorded in 5.1 surround and stereo with a tremendous microphone setup to capture its size and dynamic range with 6 channels.
Heinrich Engelhard Steinweg, the piano maker of the Steinweg brand, emigrated from Germany to America in 1850. In 1853, Steinweg founded Steinway & Sons, by the year 2000, Steinway had made its 550,000th piano. The Steinway Model D 270 is probably the most popular concert grand of all. For Galaxy II, a Model D was recorded in Galaxy Studios, Belgium; one of the most sophisticated high-end studios in Europe, which also boasts a huge recording hall. The instrument was chosen by studio owner Wilfried van Baaren from a range of dozens of instruments at Steinway/Hamburg. It has been recorded in 5.1 surround and stereo with a tremendous microphone setup to capture its size and dynamic range with 6 channels.
- Galaxy Steinway 5.1 (Steinway D in 5.1 surround and stereo)
- More than 2,000 samples in 24 bit
- 10 modeled velocity zones for a wide and smooth dynamic range
- Additional resonance, release and noise samples
- Chromatic and multiple velocity resonance and release samples
- Multi velocity pedal, damper, hammer and string noises
- Real overtones powered by the Kontakt Player engine
- Kontakt Player license included
- Compatible with Kontakt (Player) 4.2 or newer
- New direct access user interface
- Lossless sample compression for better disk streaming
- True half pedaling when using a continuous sustain pedal
- True repedaling and sostenuto
- Noises dynamically playable with a continuous sustain pedal
- One-knob control of tone colour and dynamics.
- Intelligent EQ for warmth, punch and brilliance
- Sympathetic string resonance with real overtones
- Flexible and easy-to-use velocity editor
- Convolution reverb with many different types of rooms, concert halls and ambience
- Adjustable stereo width and position
- Specially designed compressor for pop piano sounds
- Pad Machine
- Warp Engine for sound design beyond regular piano sounds
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
NUS Card, Student ID Card, Letter of enrollmentTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download InfoDigital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/licence code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the licence code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.