Best Service Galaxy II Vienna GrandDefault Title
Grand Piano Virtual Instrument
Galaxy II’s Vienna Grand is comprised of sampling a BOESENDORFER IMPERIAL 290 grand piano. Established by Ignaz Bösendorfer in 1828, Bösendorfer is the oldest piano manufacturer still in production and has a history of constructing some of the world's finest instruments. The Model 290 Imperial, a 9’6” grand piano, is famous for its powerful soundboard and its extended keyboard; going as far as a bottom C0, making a full eight-octave range or 97 keys.
Galaxy II’s Vienna Grand is comprised of sampling a BOESENDORFER IMPERIAL 290 grand piano. Established by Ignaz Bösendorfer in 1828, Bösendorfer are the oldest piano manufacturers still in production and have a history of constructing some of the worlds finest instruments. The Model 290 Imperial, a 9’6” grand piano, is famous for its powerful soundboard and its extended keyboard; going as far as a bottom C0, making a full eight octave range or 97 keys. Sometimes, these extra keys are hidden under a small hinged lid, on others, the colours of the extra white keys are reversed (black instead of white). The extra keys are added primarily for increased resonance from the associated strings; that is, they vibrate sympathetically with other strings whenever the damper pedal is depressed thus creating a fuller tone. With the VIENNA GRAND they are playable.
The Vienna Grand was recorded at Hansahaus Studios/Germany which is famous for its outstanding Jazz Recordings and has received two Grammy Awards. We placed great emphasis on capturing the Bösendorfers huge dynamic range and energy, especially its powerful low end; using additional microphones in the lower register.
- Vienna Grand Imperial (96 Key Bösendorfer with incredible low end)
- More than 2,000 samples in 24 bit
- 13 modeled velocity zones for a wide and smooth dynamic rang
- Additional resonance, release and noise samples
- Chromatic and multiple velocity resonance and release samples
- Multi velocity pedal, damper, hammer and string noises
- Real una corda samples
- Real overtones Powered by the Kontakt Player engine
- Kontakt Player license included
- Compatible with Kontakt (Player) 4.2 or newer
- New direct access user interface
- Lossless sample compression for better disk streaming
- True half pedaling when using a continuous sustain pedal
- True repedaling and sostenuto
- Noises dynamically playable with a continuous sustain pedal
- One-knob control of tone colour and dynamics.
- Intelligent EQ for warmth, punch and brilliance
- Sympathetic string resonance with real overtones
- Flexible and easy-to-use velocity editor
- Convolution reverb with many different types of rooms, concert halls and ambience
- Adjustable stereo width and position
- Specially designed compressor for pop piano sounds
- Pad Machine
- Warp Engine for sound design beyond regular piano sounds
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
NUS Card, Student ID Card, Letter of enrollmentTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/licence code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the licence code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.