Best Service Gu Zheng -
Oriental Virtual Instrument
Gu Zheng, recorded by local Chinese music producers
Gu Zheng is one of the most beautiful, traditional Chinese instruments with a history of more than 2000 years. The modern Gu Zheng is a Chinese plucked zither equipped with 21 strings and movable bridges. Basic playing styles include plucking at the right portion and pressing at the left portion to produce pitch ornamentations as well as tremolo. Yellow River Sound's Gu Zheng is produced by Zhang Jian (China Conservatory of Music) & Ma Jing (ADSH) in cooperation with Best Service. For the first time, a Chinese instrument was sampled with great care by local Chinese music producers, who have a natural understanding of their culture and a sole passion to express the true quality of Chinese instruments.
Using the Best Service ENGINE sample player technology, this virtual instrument offers more detailed articulations than ever. Its freshness and elegance reflects the preserved spirit in Chinese culture. While many virtual instruments are involved in the loudness war, YRS Gu Zheng's low-velocity samples allow you to experience the sound of silence, nevertheless, its wide dynamic range also provides punchy impact.
- 1.6GB sample library, multi-samples on every single velocity layer
- Most detailed articulations, never before available, up to 5 velocity layers, 3 different tempos of bend up/down etc.
- Sampled from a famous, custom design Gu Zheng
- Recorded at the China Conservatory of Music using DSD and 5 microphone positions
- 24bit / 44.1kHz sample playback
- One shot single notes of most layers, emulate the real performance
Best Service ENGINE 2 Sample Player is included with this product.
- Mac OS 10.11 - 10.15
- Min. recommended: Intel Mac 2GHz, 2GB Ram
- Interfaces: Standalone, AU, VST (64bit only)
- AAX Support for Pro Tools 11+
- Windows 7, 8 and 10, 32bit & 64bit
- Min. recommended: Intel Core 2.0GHz, 2GB Ram
- Interfaces: Standalone, VST (32bit and 64bit)
- AAX Support for Pro Tools 11+
- Internet connection for product activation required (on any computer)
- Additional hard disc space according to the library size
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
Student ID Card, Letter of enrollment, or similarTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/license code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the license code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.