Blue Cat Audio Patchwork
Universal Plugin Patchbay
Blue Cat's PatchWork is a universal plug-ins patchbay that can host up to 64 VST, Format-VST3, Format-AUdio Unit or built-in plug-ins into any Digital Format-AUdio Workstation (DAW) in one instance.
It is possible to chain effects in series or create up to 8 parallel chains that can be activated independently. This lets you create your favourite effects or instruments configurations within the plug-in, without the need for multiple busses. These configurations can be saved as presets and recalled instantly, or shared with multiple DAWs, using any plug-in format (full list below). Use the built-in Format-AUdio effects to add colour to your own plug-in chains.
Despite the name, you can forget about wires or cables: configuring plug-ins routing is as simple as adding or removing a row or a column in the rack's matrix. All plug-ins can also communicate with each other or with the host application using the virtual MIDI ports offered by the plug-in.
For each plug-in slot latency compensation, presets management, undo/redo integration, Format-AUdio i/o selection and individual plug-in bypass are included for optimal operation. The plug-in also stores the position of the window for each plug-in so that the layout is restored with your session or saved with presets.
Also, sub-plugins can be Format-AUtomated or controlled with external control surfaces using Blue Cat's PatchWork parameters mapping capabilities.
This product is available as an Format-AUdio plug-in (effect or a virtual instrument) and standalone application so that it can be used alone or inserted on any type of track in your favourite DAW, with up to 16 Format-AUdio channels.
Input and output level meters are also available to monitor the signal that is dispatched to inserted plug-ins, including side chain and Format-AUx channels.
- Configurable VST, Format-VST3 or Format-AUdio Unit plug-ins rack: host up to 64 third-party plug-ins or instruments in series or parallel.
- 25 built-in effects: EQ, filters, pitch & frequency shifter, delays, modulation effects, compressor, gate, bit crusher, waveshaper and more.
- Available as an effect, virtual instrument or standalone application.
- Build your own effects chains: up to 8 "pre" and "post" plug-ins slots to chain plug-ins in series.
- Parallel processing made easy: up to 8 parallel plug-ins chains, with phase flip, solo and gain controls.
- Host up to 8 virtual instruments in parallel and mix them within the plug-in.
- Global Dry/Wet control ("Mix").
- Parameters Mapping: map sub-plugins parameters to Format-AUtomate them or use a control surface.
- Flexible MIDI routing: connect sub-plugins together or with the host application.
- Flexible Format-AUdio routing: connect sub-plugins i/o to any Format-AUdio channel.
- External side chain and multiple outputs support.
- Link pre and post gains for Format-AUtomatic gain compensation.
- Cut, Copy and paste plug-ins with their settings between slots.
- Recall complex processing setups and plug-ins layouts with one click and share them between your DAWs.
- Input and output levels monitoring.
- Plug-ins Latency compensation.
- Supports VST Shell plug-ins.
- Integrated undo/redo.
- Fully customisable user interface, with multiple sizes.
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
NUS Card, Student ID Card, Letter of enrollmentTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/licence code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the licence code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.