Chocolate Audio Contemporary Vintage Drums -
Drum Virtual Instrument for Kontakt Full & BFD3
Two Classic Drum Kits with A Modern Twist
Contemporary Vintage Drums features 3 full drum kits sampled from:
- a Ludwig "Beatles" tribute kit (stick)
- a Ludwig "Beatles" tribute kit (brush)
- a 1977 Gretsch Concert Rock kit (stick)
The kits come with 3 sets of cymbals sampled from a Zildjian A series set (stick and brush) and and UFIP set (stick) and 2 additional Ride Cymbals (Turkish and UFIP) and 7 snares overall (Ludwig, Gretsch, Pearl, and Tama).
These kits have set the bar for classic drum sounds due to the large number of classic hits from the mid-sixties and until the beginning of the eighties that were recorded using them.
Our production concept was to give users access to these classic kits, but with a more modern approach to sound production and mic choice. This approach guarantees fresh new sounds out of these drums.
A Game of Two - BFD and Kontakt
Contemporary Vintage is available as a bundle for BFD (2, 3, and Eco) and for Kontakt (full version only).
The convenience of a single special price with the flexibility of being able to use it on up to two very different engines, each with its own uses and pluses.
Hidden BeautyBehind the curtains of the engine allows us to:
- Feature up to 11 round robins - hitting a drum many consecutive times will hardly trigger the same sample
- Give you the chance to easily build the kit in both the 3D (DrumKit) and Mixer pages
- Manage RAM very efficiently with purge - no need to load separate .nki just to load another kit
- Feature a full-fledged mixer with mute, solo, 4 insert effects: EQ, comp, transient and tape
- Insert a built-in global and channel-specific preset management
- Be a MIDI mapping agnostic - we already built in support for a large number of articulations (input from you for future productions is very welcome!)
- Color-coding for easy recognition of drums on Kontakt keyboard
- Feature up to 4 Room mic channels
- Give you up to 4 mixable Close mics on Kicks and Snare, 2 for hi-hats, rides, and toms
- Grant drum-specific control on tuning, velocity curve, and attack, hold and release times - instant damping, gating, or creative effects
- Feature an exclusive ADH envelope on Room channels for creative effects
- Intelligently switch pan-pot and width controls in case of mono or stereo channels (and stereo Rooms get both width and pan for maximum flexibility)
- Insert channel-specific controls in the settings page, like hi-hat control, snare bleed, or cymbals/percussions management
Reverb, with Class
The IR Reverb module in our engine currently features 36 unique proprietary impulse responses. These are originated from vintage plates, hardware, and coveted real rooms, which, when used with drums, push the limits of what can be done with a single drum kit.
20 global mix-ready factory presets ease your way into using these drum kits, to which we add presets for each channel, including the reverb.
- Kick: Hit - up to 245 unique hits and up to 11 round robin
- Snare: Hit, Rim and Sidestick - up to 200 unique hits and up to 8 round robin
- Toms: Hit, Hoop - up to 70 unique hits and 4 round robin
- HiHat: Tip, Shank, Foot, Splash, Pedal - 6 openings each Tip and Shank position, 4 round robin for each dynamic
- Ride: Hit, Bell, Edge - up to 36 unique hits
- Cymbals: Hit - up to 24 unique hits
Each articulation features no less than 16 velocity levels and up to 40.
- BFD Expander and Kontakt versions - all in one pack
- 27 GB BFD Expander version (9 GB on BFD 3 if installed compressed)
- 12 GB Kontakt version
- Between 21 and 39 GB both versions (based on install options)
- 52600 samples
- 3 full drum kits (2 stick + 1 brush)
- 60 drum pieces
- Sampled in full detail: up to 245 samples per articulation and up to 11 round-robin (Kontakt)
- The best of both worlds: the power of BFD for drums, the ease of use and integration of Kontakt
- Recorded in a top-notch studio with choice mics
- Up to 4 close mics
- 4 room mics: Overhead stereo, Overhead mono, Room U87, and Room PZM
- Warm and deep sound, processed through an analog tape machine
- Advanced mixing and management (Kontakt) thanks to our custom advanced scripting
- Recorded at 24 bit / 96 kHz, released at 24 bit / 44.1 kHz
- Native Instruments Kontakt Full 5.5.2 and above
- BFD Eco, BFD2, or BFD3
- MacOS 10.9 Mavericks and above
- Windows 7 and above
- Intel Core 2 Duo CPU or better
- 4GB RAM or more
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
Student ID Card, Letter of enrollment, or similarTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/license code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the license code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.