Empirical Labs Big FrEQDefault Title
Full Spectrum Tone Shaping with An Analog Twist
Empirical Labs is proud to announce their Big FrEQ Plugin, partially extrapolated from our Lil FrEQ hardware EQ but expanded upon in sections and features. With twelve powerful sections of processing, it should single-handedly be able to take care of all your tonal and spectral shaping needs for single tracks, as well as busses, including use as a versatile mastering tool. As always, Empirical brings new twists and functionality to Plug-in EQs, and labors over making it mindless to learn, and just plain FUN to use.
- 12 Sections of Processing
- 6 parametric EQ sections with 4 tone-shaping parameters that allow for "flat-top" EQ shapes:
- GAIN Knob – can be expanded to +/-30 dB with the RANGE button
- FREQUENCY Knob
- WIDTH Slider
- SLOPE Knob
- A unique FINISHER output section for adding analog, tape-like saturation with up to 8x oversampling.
- FOCUS Frequency toggle for fine-tuning frequency adjustment on each parametric band.
- SOLO button on each parametric EQ band for listening to the exact frequencies being shaped.
- Unique section Copy and Paste function on each band for quickly moving and duplicating bands.
- High Pass and Low Pass filters with adjustable Q and selectable filter orders from 6 – 96 db/Octave.
- High and Low Shelves
- Modern spectral display that shows cumulative EQ shape as well as colored individual bands
- Built-in preset management system with proprietary preset format for cross-DAW preset access.
- Copy and paste current settings from one instance to another using the preset menu.
- Stereo version is un-linkable for Dual Mono operation.
- 2 available interface sizes – small and large.
- Up to 8x Oversampling for the Finisher tested up to 768 kHz operation.
- Direct entry available for all parameters – double click on any parameter to type in a value.
- Master Phase Switch.
- Smoothly automate all parameters.
- Bypass any section to monitor changes and free up processing.
- Mac OS 10.7 or higher (64-bit)
- Windows 7 or higher (64-bit)
- iLok account and iLok License Manager
- iLok 2 or 3 USB dongle required
- AAX 64-bit (OSX and Windows)
- VST3 64-bit (OSX and Windows)
- AU 64-bit (OSX)
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
Student ID Card, Letter of enrollment, or similarTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/license code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the license code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.