Eventide OmnipressorDefault Title
Compressor / Expander Plugin
Dynamics Processor with Attitude!
Introduced in the early 1970s, the Omnipressor was the first dynamics effects processor of any kind. Invented by Eventide's founder, Richard Factor, the Omnipresssor, made a host of effects possible. It featured variable control of all aspects of dynamic modification. It also introduced the notion of the 'side chain' and foretold techniques that today we take for granted like 'look ahead' processing.
Factor's original design, the "white-face" Omnipressor 'featured' controls that made the unit virtually impossible to use. In fact, here's the opening paragraph of the original user's manual:
"...if you don't fondle it's controls properly it will cause you hours of confusion and tempt you to dash it against the rocks or put it in a sack and drown it."
Engineer Jon Paul was brought on board to tame the beast and the "black-face" Omnipressor was born. It has been used on hundreds of hit records throughout the last four decades and many of the original units are still in service and cherished.
The Omnipressor plug-in is a faithful emulation of the "black-face" unit and is popular among some of the world's leading producers and engineers as a dynamics-modifier with variable expressive controls of all aspects of a signal's dynamics. The Function control allows you to set compression and expansion ratios over a wide, continuous range from extreme expansion to infinite compression and beyond - dynamic reversal which reverses a sound's envelope, making loud sounds quiet and quiet sounds loud.
- Dynamics processing for creating otherwordly sounds
- Variable control of attack and release time
- Variable control of maximum gain and maximum attenuation
- Function control sets ratio over a continuous range from extreme expansion to infinite compression and beyond to dynamic reversal
- Gating: Set a threshold and signals whose amplitudes fall below the threshold value are 'squooshed'
- Expansion: Widen a signal's dynamic range. Loud gets louder, soft gets softer
- Compression: Variable control of compression ratio
- Infinite compression: Obliterates a signal's dynamics - everything comes out at the same level
- Limiting: Versatile, fast limiter
- Dynamic Reversal: First of its kind. Soft signals come out loud, loud signals come out soft. Simulates tape reversal
- Intuitive interface makes it simple to operate with the use of a function dial
- Dozens of presets to help you explore the unique and inspirational sounds of the tool used on countless hit records
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
NUS Card, Student ID Card, Letter of enrollmentTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/licence code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the licence code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.