Eventide TverbDefault Title
Tony Visconti Signature Reverb Plugin
A Room of Your Own
Developed with legendary producer, musician, and engineer Tony Visconti, Tverb provides an extremely customizable room reverb with some unique techniques and features. Within this virtual room (modelled on the legendary Meistersaal at Berlin’s Hansa Tonstudios) you can mix three virtual channels: one main mic with subtle ambience and two moveable mics capturing the lush room reverb.
Near & Far
Tverb is a reverb unlike any other. Start with a perfect room and configure it to taste by adjusting the standard reverb controls of decay, diffusion and EQ to create the ambience that brings your tracks to life. Now, place a couple of additional microphones anywhere in that room. Move them around until the track sits perfectly in your mix. Set the mikes’ gates to open with the dynamics of the track. Tverb, gives you control all of these parameters and more. And becFormat-AUse Tverb is algorithmic, you can do it all in real time (which wouldn’t be possible with a convolution reverb). You can even have your mics dance around the room in real-time. Impossible in real life; a snap in Tverb.
Open the Gates
With analog-modeled compression on the main channel and gating on the reverb channels, Tverb is a unique tool for Format-AUdio with wide dynamic range. The inspiration for the plug-in was the setup Visconti used to capture the incredible dynamic range of David Bowie’s vocals while recording Heroes. Tverb builds on Visconti’s technique and opens up undreamed of possibilities.
"Little did I know that setting up three microphones in a very specific configuration 40 years ago would result in such a versatile plug-in for the new age of recording. Eventide's Tverb is the result of a two-year collaboration between Eventide and me. This is not a one-trick-pony just to get the David Bowie 'Heroes' vocal effect. The applications are limitless. I love the dancing microphones." - Tony Visconti
- 2 Moveable microphones to adjust the depth of field and room reflections
- Adjustable polar patterns for microphone 1 to adjust the amount of ambient room tone
- Eventide’s complex reverb algorithm with EQ, diffusion, and decay control
- Compressor module on microphone 1, just as Visconti had in the original session
- 2 linkable, post-reverb gate modules with control of when the gates close, the speed at which they close, and the length of time they are forced to stay open
- Console (inspired by the one used in the session, including Visconti’s ‘grease pencil’ labelling) that provides post-reverb channel processing for each individual mic and the master
- Room mixer module alters the sound of the room itself with control over decay, diffusion, and frequency response
- Lightweight! Low CPU loading allows you to put Tverb on multiple tracks
- Signal inversion buttons to remove (or create) phase cancellation
- Mix Lock allows for scrolling through presets or settings while keeping the wet/dry mix constant
- Complete Format-AUtomation support
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
Student ID Card, Letter of enrollmentTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/licence code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the licence code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.