Flux Ircam Hear V3
Binaural Encoding Plugin
Binaural Encoding Tool
Ircam HEar provides faithful reproduction of a stereo mix or a full surround mix with up to ten channels, supporting Dolby Atmos, with a pair of conventional stereo headphones. It relies on proven technology to model the various phenomena that occur when playing back audio material through a loudspeaker system.
- Up to ten channels Input/Output with support for Dolby Atmos
- Pro Tools HD 7.1.2 & 7.0.2 Dolby Atmos Bus Support
- Space Presets, presenting a range of spaces with subtly different colourations
- Routing Matrix for mapping between the plugins inputs from the DAW track to the virtual speaker internal outputs
- Speaker Mode specifies the emulated virtual speaker configuration
- Speaker Width to control the width between virtual speakers, expressed in degrees, which allows for narrowing or broadening the stereo image.
- Angle Shift to control the angle between the listener and the centre of the virtual speakers
- HEar relies on HRTF filter measurements made using a KEMAR (Knowles Electronics Manikin For Acoustic Research) dummy head and torso simulation.
Binaural technology encompasses methods for recording, processing, synthesizing and reproducing sound that is specifically designed to preserve tridimensional localization properties.
In order to mimic the impression of a sound originating from a given incidence, it is sufficient to filter a mono signal, which on its own lacks any kind of spatial information, with both left and right HRTF filters. This constitutes the foundation of binaural synthesis.
Please note that the resulting signal is only meant to be listened to with headphones, and isn't designed for a conventional stereo loudspeaker setup.
Signal Routing and Speaker Setup
A routing matrix provides an overview of the mapping between the plugin's inputs from the DAW track to the virtual speaker internal outputs, and a Speaker Mode specifying which virtual speaker configuration that should be emulated.
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
NUS Card, Student ID Card, Letter of enrollmentTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/licence code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the licence code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.