Synthesizer Virtual Instrument
Cypher2 is designed for deep sonic exploration and expressive performances. It features a vast range of sound design tools and over 1300 sounds, including 500 MPE-optimized presets. Experience an unparalleled level of expression through analog-modeled oscillators, waveshaping, and thru-zero FM. Our signature TransMod modulation system, now upgraded for Cypher2, ensures that every session with this premium synthesizer is a sound design adventure.
- Analog-modeled expressive synth
- Diverse library of 1300 expertly crafted presets (800 2D, 500 5D)
- Optimized for both MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE) and traditional MIDI controllers
- 3 analog modeled oscillators, FM and audio-rate modulation
- Twin analog modeled filters with 6 circuit models each
- State-of-the-art 5D step sequencing & arpeggiator
- 30 modulation-ready effect modules
- TransMod: intuitive modulation for powerful sound manipulation
- Scalable vector interface for retina/4K
Redesigned for Deeper Sound Design
Building on the powerhouse capabilities of the original, Cypher2 adds an inspiring array of new features and propels the synth to the cutting edge of sound design.
Learn about our analog-modeled oscillators, advanced filters and effects, state-of-the-art step sequencer, MPE compatibility and more.
Oscillate WildlyCypher2’s 3 oscillators can be twisted and modulated in any direction, creating a vast timbral variety.
- The realistic FM has linear thru-zero behavior so sounds stay in tune over the entire keyboard, even with extreme amounts of FM
- Morph between waveforms with a single control, or turn them into low-frequency oscillators
- Further timbral variety via audio-rate wave-modulation, sample & hold, ring-mod, variable-depth sync, and tempo-synced beat-detune
Experience advanced filtering, waveshaping, and effects:
- A complex oscillator section processed through dual filter-waveshaper stages
- Deep tone-sculpting capabilities with 6 selectable filters and new waveshaper models, typically only found in modular synths
- Filters modeled on classic analog circuitry, each with a variety of responses
- 6 slot Effects rack with a selection of 30 effects, from distortion and phase modulation to vintage delay emulation
Movement & Expression
Intuitive modulation, MPE and powerful sequencing:
- Upgraded TransMod system lets you apply modulation directly to parameters, so keeping track of complex modulation routing has never been easier
- A huge variety of polyphonic and mono modulation sources can be used including voice and unison, for advanced detuning possibilities
- MPE-optimised step sequencer and arpeggiator allows for endlessly evolving melodies and modulation
- Cypher2 fully supports MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE): sounds can be expressed with natural gestures on the ROLI Seaboard, BLOCKS and other MPE controllers. Assign 5D expression to parameters with Cypher2's 5D TransMod sources (based on ROLI’s Five Dimensions of Touch: Strike, Glide, Slide, Press and Lift).
Explore more Cypher2 features:
- Modulate the master sequencer with 3 mod sequencers and an expanded control matrix
- Improved interface with real-time animated modulation, full signal flow visuals, and preset descriptions
- Default MIDI CC mappings for both 2D and 5D controller types
- 6 circuit-modeled filter types, each with a varied set of responses, including a comb filter model with 8 comb types
- Scalable interface for 4K/retina screens with a variety of themes
- LFOs are expanded with clock-divided sub-LFOs for synchronization or free-running modulation
- Updated envelope shapes for precise control
- Feed your creativity with preset morphing and randomization
- Support for microtonal Scala .TUN files
- Windows 10 (x64) / Mac OSX 10.11 or later (x64).
- Intel Core i5-2400 or AMD (2011 or newer) processor with AVX instruction set (Intel Core i7 recommended).
- 4GB RAM (8GB RAM recommended).
- Internet connection for product download and authorization.
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
NUS Card, Student ID Card, Letter of enrollmentTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/licence code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the licence code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.