JST Howard Benson Vocals
Vocal Channel Strip Plugin
What do My Chemical Romance, Three Days Grace, The All-American Rejects, Kelly Clarkson, Hoobastank, Rascal Flatts & P.O.D. all have in common?
They're all massively successful hitmakers in their respective genres, and a lot of that success can be attributed to the discerning ears and renowned vocal mixing work of producer, Howard Benson.
Altogether, Benson has contributed to more than 100 million album sales and more than 20 billion streams over the course of his career. This work has garnered him multiple awards and nominations, including a nomination for Producer of the Year in both 2007 and 2008.
With Howard Benson Vocals, you're getting a meticulously crafted, detailed vocal chain that's been built on Howard's 30+ year legacy in the industry - putting the same attention to detail into each part of the chain as he's done on countless major label records.
Start off in the sweet spot with a compressor geared up for great vocals! This compressor comes packed with Grit and Tube Warmth - sure to add some heat, sweetness, and saturation to any voice.
- Set the optimal input level with an easy to find Sweet Spot
- Start compressing instantly with the Comp knob
- Push your vocals harder post-compression with the Gain knob or take out the guesswork with Auto Make-Up gain
- Colorize your sound with some Grit and/or Tube Warmth for a dirtier, denser tone
With the semi-parametric, 3-band EQ, paint a picture of how your vocals should sound. Use wide strokes with bell curves for big, dramatic vocals or keep your brush strokes narrow for finer, detailed control. Whatever you choose, this EQ's musicality is sure to resonate with your vocalist.
- Set your ideal signal chain order with Pre-Comp or Post-Comp EQ
- Roll-off the lows with a built-in Hi-Pass Filter or get even grittier with a LoFi algorithm
- Use your high and low frequencies to shape the sound of your vocal
- Widen or narrow your palate with Bell curves
- Perfect your vocal mid-range with a fully adjustable Q
Multiply your results with half as much effort. Achieve a luscious, doubled vocal when you're without a double track.
- Use the Amount knob to determine just how much of that doubled vocal to cut through
- Set the Offset knob to add some variety and complexity to your sound
- Remember - nobody expects a perfectly doubled vocal. It's those slight variations that make it all work!
As much as harmonic density adds to the thickness of your vocal, you also need to consider how much of your vocals presence comes from how wide it sounds. The Width module lets you spread your vocals out wide without thinning them out.
- Width sets exactly how wide you'd like your vocals to be
- The Range knob helps determine which part of the frequency spectrum the effect acts on.
- You can anchor the body of your vocal front and center with the Mono Low-End switch and expand your vocal's spatial presence from there!
Tempo-synced or Milliseconds? Mono or Stereo? How many repeats? With this vocal-centric echo unit, your delays can dance around your vocals in any manner you'd like
- Set the number of repeats and level of your echo simultaneously with the Amount knob
- Keep those repeats right down the center or let them bounce around in stereo
- See your exact delay times (in ms or tempo-based measurements) with the digital readout
- Add some character to your sound with LoFi delays
- Fully automatable for the ultimate vocal delay throws
Beyond The Booth
Now things are starting to take shape... But what shape will your vocals be in? With the Space control, you decide between intimate, upfront vocals or larger than life reverb.
- Use lower Size settings for intimate, tight & focused vocals
- Turn it up high for ballads & arena rock anthems when you're singer is really belting out those notes!
- Amount provides a convenient way to go from fully dry to fully wet and everything in between without having to jump back and forth between plugins
All good things must come to an end, but by the time you're done, you'll have a high octane vocal ready for release.
- Use the optional Limit circuit to catch any stray peaks as your vocals pass onto the next part of their path
- Start how you began with Output Gain
- Easily find that Sweet Spot once more - post-processed & ready for action!
- Change your signal path's routing with a Pre FX switch for when you want to set levels before the effects in the chain
MacOS 10.8-10.14 32/64-bit (Catalina support coming soon)
Windows 7 and above (32 or 64-bit)
Compatible DAW supporting AAX, AU, VST2, or VST3 plugin formats
FREE iLok Account, iLok dongle optional, NOT required
- Avid Pro Tools 10 or above
- Steinberg Cubase
- Apple Logic X
- Cockos Reaper
- PreSonus Studio One
- Ableton Live
- FL Studio
- Digital Performer
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
NUS Card, Student ID Card, Letter of enrollmentTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/licence code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the licence code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.