Simple Bit Crusher Plugin
When nostaliga hits, Bitcrush can bring you back to the digital hardware of times past. It simulates the audio being played back using a low-quality sampler with limited sample rate and bit depth. Mm, crunchy.
The Bitcrush can be used to create distorting effects that sound like that of scraping analogue radio, or inherently lo-fi sound sources, like old video games.
- Rate display - Downsample the signal to a minimum of 200 Hz.
- Bits knob - Quantize the amplitude of each sample of the signal. A lower value will result in a more distorted sound.
- ADC Q knob - Quality of the analogue-to-digital conversion. A lower value will add dissonant aliasing in the low frequencies.
- DAC Q knob - Quality of the digital-to-analogue conversion. A lower value will add dissonant aliasing in the high frequencies.
- Dither knob - Adds noise to the signal in order to reduce distortion caused by quantization.
- Mix knob - The dry/wet mix of this effect. A lower value will let some of the unmodified signal through.
- Settings panel - Whenever you have your mouse cursor over a snapin there is a small arrow at the top right corner (not visible in screenshot). It opens a settings panel where you handle presets. It also has a "randomize" button that can be useful.
- Enabled checkbox - The small checkbox to the left of the plugin name is a checkbox that bypasses the effect when disabled.
- Resize handle - The bottom right corner of all Kilohearts plugins is a resize handle for scaling the UI to any size. This allows you to get a good view of the controls whatever the screen resolution, and also comes in handy if you need big controls, e.g. when using Distortion as a real-time effect on a touchscreen monitor during a live set. (This is not available when the snapin is used inside a snapin host.)
Get more out of kHs Phase Distortion
Phase Distortion shines on its own, but it was primarily created to power up the different "Snapin Hosts" Kilohearts offer. These are bigger effects units that utilize all the available snapins and give you a really fun and creative workflow for combining them in any way you can think of. So have a look at Snap Heap and Multipass right now!
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
NUS Card, Student ID Card, Letter of enrollmentTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/licence code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the licence code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.