Simple Noise Gate Plugin
Not all sound is created alike, and sometimes you want to just leave it at the Gate. Quickly cut out low hum and noise from the signal, cut reverb tails short or exaggerate the dynamics in a beat. The possibilities are... maybe not endless, but should cover your gating needs!
kHs Gate has simple but powerful controls for tuning in the desired effect, and can easily be driven by an external sidechain signal. The gate can also be flipped around to make a signal duck under another.
- Attack knob - The attack time is the time it takes to for the gate to fully open when the input volume is over the threshold.
- Hold knob - The hold time is the minimum time the gate will stay open.
- Release knob - The release time is the time it takes to for the gate to fully close when the input volume is under the threshold.
- Threshold knob - The volume threshold for when the gate will open.
- Tolerance knob - A hysteresis range requiring the volume to drop a set amount of dB under the threshold before closing.
- Range knob - The amount to attenuate the signal when the gate is closed.
- Look-ahead - When enabled, a 5ms look-ahead will be used, allowing transients through at the cost of latency.
- Flip - When flipped, the gate will act in reverse attenuating the signal when the gate is open.
- VU Meter - Displays the current input level, the selected threshold and tolerance, and the gate's current state.
- Sidechain - When you select another sound source in the sidechain drop-down the plugin uses that source for determining the behaviour of the plugin instead, it still effects the main sound source. This is useful for lowering a lead sound whenever the kick hits.
- Settings panel - Whenever you have your mouse cursor over a snapin there is a small arrow at the top right corner (not visible in screenshot). It opens a settings panel where you handle presets. It also has a "randomize" button that can be useful.
- Enabled checkbox - The small checkbox to the left of the plugin name is a checkbox that bypasses the effect when disabled.
- Resize handle - The bottom right corner of all Kilohearts plugins is a resize handle for scaling the UI to any size. This allows you to get a good view of the controls whatever the screen resolution, and also comes in handy if you need big controls, e.g. when using Filter as a real-time effect on a touchscreen monitor during a live set. (This is not available when the snapin is used inside a snapin host.)
Get more out of kHs Gate
Gate shines on its own, but it was primarily created to power up the different "Snapin Hosts" Kilohearts offer. These are bigger effects units that utilise all the available snapins and give you a really fun and creative workflow for combining them in any way you can think of. So have a look at Snap Heap and Multipass right now!
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
NUS Card, Student ID Card, Letter of enrollmentTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/licence code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the licence code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.