Korneff Audio AIP Amplified Instrument Processor -
EQ, VCA Compressor, Stereo Widener, and more!
A monster of a channel strip you'll use everywhere.
The Amplified Instrument Processor is a complete suite of tools designed to help you sculpt the ultimate guitar, bass, or keyboard tone. But the AIP is much more than that.
Its power and versatility make it an excellent processor for virtually any audio task. The AIP can work wonders on vocals, acoustic instruments, pianos, group buses, and even across the whole mix.
The AIP has 4 bands of fully parametric EQ based on German Klangfilm tube equalizers of the 1950s. This EQ combines digital precision and flexibility with analog quirkiness and unpredictability.
- Up to 36dB of boost and cut using gain scaling.
- Independently switchable high-pass and low-pass filtering.
- Switchable response: modern active or vintage passive EQ curve types.
- Circuit age modeling: dial-in analog anomalies to simulate aging components.
- Channel Variance: 16 different channel variations model the slight imperfections of vintage handmade equipment.
Proprietary Signal Processing
This is the Secret Mojo Sauce of the AIP. Forget about swapping in preamp plugins. Change characteristics of the AIP by switching between different response modeling and adjusting a slew rate emulation.
- Tube response modeling provides a warm, round tone that’s perfect for bass and male voices.
- Tape response modeling gives your signal low-end push and high-end sparkle. Great for heavy electric guitars, kicks and snares.
- Solid State response modeling emulates the midrange forward sound of 70’s consoles like those made by API, Quad Eight, Electrodyne and Flickenger. Great for making things in your face.
The AIP's VCA Compressor emulation is based on the classic dbx 202 VCA integrated circuit. This compressor is great for guitars but smooth and musical enough to work with vocals.
- Full control of all parameters: threshold, ratio, attack, release, and makeup gain.
- Switchable position in the signal path - place it pre or post EQ.
- Adjustable nulling - control the amount of color and crunch when the compressor is hit hard.
Frequency-Dependent Gain Reduction
The AIP has yet another compressor on it; this one designed to work on selected ranges of frequencies below 600Hz. Clean up the bottom end of chugging guitars, tame resonant bass notes, knock out chestiness on vocals, or take the ring out of a kick drum.
Insufferable Midrange Filter
Overdubs and doubling can lead to a nasty build-up in the presence range. This specialized notch filter takes care of the annoying 2kHz "whistle" of electric guitars, vocal sibilance, excessive cymbal hash, and finger squeaks or pick noise from acoustic instruments.
Unlike many stereo widening processors, the AIP’s stereo widening algorithm lets you spread things out across the sound stage without sacrificing the solidity of the center. Wrap reverb and ambience around listeners, enhance the movement and sweep of keyboard pads, and put those dual guitar parts at opposite sides of the stage, and then some.
Real Time Analyzer
The AIP's RTA shows you the frequency response of your signal, and super-imposes all of your EQ curves and Frequency-Dependent Gain Reduction settings for fast, intuitive fine-tuning.
- Mac OS X 10.7 or higher (10.14 or higher recommended)
- Windows 7 and above
- 1 GHz Intel Dual Core Processor / AMD equivalent or better
- 4GB RAM or more
- 1024 x 768 screen resolution or higher
- Licensing: iLok Machine, iLok Dongle, or iLok Cloud
- 64 bit DAW support only
Supported Plugin Formats
- Intel Mac 64bit: VST3, AU, AAX
- Windows 64bit: VST3, AAX
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
Student ID Card, Letter of enrollment, or similarTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/license code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the license code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.