Musical Sampling Boutique Drums PennyDefault Title
Drum Kit Virtual Instrument for Kontakt Full
Penny is the third release in our Boutique Drums Series and arguably the most vibey and versatile thus far.
We initially sought to create a kit that paid homage to the tighter rock drum mixes popularized in the '60s and '70s. We covered the toms and snare with cloth to dampen the decay/ring-out and incorporated some vintage mics used in that period alongside our modern array of microphones and gear.
After curating a kit with some beautiful and rare custom pieces, extensively sampling each drum, mixing the snot out of it, and programming Penny to a tee – what we end up with is an instrument that suits far more musical contexts than we initially anticipated. Pretty cool stuff.
As per usual, we incorporated our repetition sampling techniques for realistic successive notes with the hi-hats and toms and six different hi-hat groove states that you can easily crossfade between for maximum expression.
- Full drum kit curated by Brian Scoggin (Casting Crowns)
- Kick, snare, cross stick, ghost snare roll, rimshot, three toms, ride (with crash), ride bell, two crashes, hihats, synced live hihat grooves (three recorded tempos – 90 / 120 / 140 BPM)
- Simple and intuitive mix interface
- Eight interchangeable "baked-in" mix presets
- Repetition sampling for all hi-hats/toms
- Live eighth-note hi-hat grooves recorded at 90 / 120 / 140 BPM that sync to your DAW's tempo
- Crossfadeable hi-hat grooves (fades between five different hi-hat states; from tight to all-open)
- Groove Speed control (Half/Normal/Double)
- Adjustable Humanization feature (Off/Tight/Natural/Loose)
- Assignable Kontakt outputs for each drum group
- Requires full retail version of Kontakt 5.8.1 or higher
- Free Kontakt Player NOT supported
- Recorded in 48khz / 24bit
- 7.2 GB compressed NCW format
- Receive watermarked product by Continuata Connect downloader
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
NUS Card, Student ID Card, Letter of enrollmentTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/licence code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the licence code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.