Overloud VKFXDefault Title
VKFX is a virtual rack packed with outstanding models of vintage analog effect processors, especially suited for keyboard players. It captures the sound of the original masters, which were often the key element in defining a classic instrument's unique 'voice'.
VKFX is a must for any keyboard player and for anyone who wants to add a vintage color to the recordings! If you cannot get that kind of warmth from your sample library or your synthesizer, or even on a recorded track, VKFX enriches all your tones and allows you to recreate the sounds of countless records.
- Highly CPU efficient coding and module layout means that users can load many instances of VKFX without the fear of watching a system's processor overload appear, in the certain knowledge that processing quality is first class.
- Simultaneous editing of all processors is available via a friendly and intuitive interface presented in the form of a rack of independent modules.
- Module order can be rearranged by simply dragging and dropping modules to where they're needed, giving users fast and total control over the effects.
- All rates and times can be sync'd to the DAW or internally timed, or left independent for a more 'analog' approach.
- All parameters are automatable. All parameters are assigned to MIDI controllers.
- A flexible file management system allows one, several or all modules to be loaded and saved - enabling easy mixing and matching of module presets saved from different sessions.
- Back to the roots
- VKFX was originally developed and produced in collaboration with SCARBEE who had the vision to create a dedicated keyboard FX suite.
The harmonic distortion produced by a valve amplifier when it’s overdriven is an attractive sound to most musicians (but not their neighbors at 3am!). Unfortunately, it’s generally only achieved by turning the amp up loud. For those of us looking for a little dirt in our sound, the 70s saw the birth of stompboxes offering ‘solid-state’ distortion.
Keyboard players of the time were able to get a very cool distortion sound when running their tine based electric piano into a classic twin channel valve amp, or their tone wheel based organ into a rotating speaker system with a valve amp. As keyboard rigs got smaller and amps became more powerful (and solid-state) more than a few keyboard players attempted to replicate the valve sound of their vintage amp or rotating speaker system via a distortion pedal of some kind. One of the most popular overdrive pedals of all time was a small green stompbox, a source of inspiration in the design of the VKFX Overdrive module.
The Delay module harkens back to the days of tape echo. The original tape echo effect was created by recording an input signal to tape via a tape head and then replaying that signal through another tape head. By placing several heads at different distances along the tape path, they were also able to create different syncopations of delay depending on which heads were monitored.
One feature of tape delays that was lost in the digital move forward was the effect on the sound of the tape itself. In tape delays, the signal is delayed by keeping it on the magnetic tape for a time. For every repetition of the delay, the signal is recorded to and played back from the tape. The more repetitions, the more intense is the effect of the tape on the sound.
The VKFX delay utilizes an intelligent tape simulation algorithm that reproduces both the compression effects and frequency response of analog tape for each repetition of the delayed signal.
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
NUS Card, Student ID Card, Letter of enrollmentTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/licence code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the licence code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.