ProjectSAM Symphobia 3: Lumina -
Library for Kontakt Player
Discover the fully updated 1.6 Editions of the orchestral library series that forever changed the film scoring game: The Symphobia Series.
With Symphobia 1 and Symphobia 2, ProjectSAM explored the heavier side of orchestra to help you thrill directors and audiences around the world.
Now, a new story unfolds...
Featuring full orchestra, choir, smaller ensembles and a wide range of guest instruments, Symphobia 3: Lumina dives into the world of fantasy, mystery, and animation, adding depth and delicacy to your musical palette. Based on more recordings than ever before, this third volume in the Symphobia series is ProjectSAM’s most ambitious release yet.
ProjectSAM is well-known for its ensemble recording concept, and Lumina trumps this with even finer arrangements. The warmth and beauty of orchestra and choir performing together have been captured in stunning, playable ensembles. Moreover, Lumina is packed with superbly orchestrated textures covering the full spectrum of fantasy and mystery. Refined with grand piano, harp, and percussion, these recordings are truly luminous.
Lumina’s solo and guest instruments range from legato woodwinds, such as oboe and clarinet, to a beautifully sampled Celtic harp, tin whistle and... a full bell tower! The library also pays homage to the playful world of cartoons with dedicated ensembles and phrases for careful tiptoeing and tongue-in-cheek suspense. Of course, you will find ProjectSAM’s popular Dystopia section, too, with all-new sound design based on the library's samples.
Lumina is a journey of inspiration... as for each note you play, three more will spring to mind.
Multis are a much-cherished feature of the Symphobia series. Symphobia 3: Lumina builds on this concept by combining ensembles and instruments into thematic ‘Stories’.
Using clever keyboard mapping and controller assignments, Stories give you numerous musical features on one keyboard - all within a single Kontakt track. In this way, the library’s ensembles, solo instruments, and textures all take part in a bigger Story.
Elements within a Story can be individually purged from RAM, or instantly muted using assigned mute keys. Also, the Elements tab allows you to tweak each element separately.
Stories are great sources of inspiration and useful starting points for a new track or arrangement. Because of the many different musical elements and well thought out controllers, they work great for live situations too, such as a theater show or songwriter performance.
Section splits for textures
We booked new recording sessions to record individual sections for the library’s textures, worth 7 GB (uncompressed) of new samples. In SYMPHOBIA 3: LUMINA 1.1, the majority of orchestral textures now offer the ability to perform the following sections individually: strings, choir, woodwinds, piano/harp/percussion. The exact sections available differ per texture instrument.
The 1.6 Edition of Symphobia 3: Lumina offers over 16 new features, including improved control over articulation locking, legato performance, round-robin, and mic output routing. As always, this update is 100% free for all existing Lumina users!
- Aimed at fantasy, mystery & animation
- Designed for film, TV & video game scoring
- Inspiring “Stories” combo instruments
- Ensemble recordings (featuring full orchestra & choir)
- Chamber ensembles (including solo strings & soprano choir)
- Legato instruments (including soprano voice)
- Guest instruments (including Celtic harp & double bass)
- Genuine concert hall recordings
- Real-time mixing of direct, ambient & wide mics
- Split sections for selected textures (1.1 update)
- 42 GB library in Kontakt’s compressed sample format (81 GB uncompressed)
- Kontakt Player 5 license included
Lumina’s take on Multis, combining different instruments into one, playable patch
- Fantasy – Fairy Dust
- Fantasy – Majestic
- Fantasy – New Seoul
- Fantasy – Round Table
- Fantasy – Shimmering
- Fantasy – The Choir
- Fantasy – The Vision
- Fantasy – Tin Land
- Fantasy – Witch’s Cottage
- Mystery – Crescent Moon
- Mystery – Freaky Fair
- Mystery – Hold Your Breath
- Mystery – Into Darkness
- Mystery – Smoking Gun
- Mystery – Trail Through The Woods
- Cartoon – Mr Evil
- Cartoon – Stay In Sync
- Cartoon – Tiptoe
- Cartoon – Trolling
Beautifully orchestrated textures and phrases, many offering split recordings per section
- Fantasy – Long – Elven Harmonies
- Fantasy – Long – Graciousness
- Fantasy – Long – Mindfulness
- Fantasy – Long – Sirens
- Fantasy – Long – Storyteller
- Fantasy – Long – Waterfall
- Fantasy – Short – Pentatonic Colours
- Fantasy – Short – Sirens
- Fantasy – Short – Whirlwinds
- Mystery – Effect – Clusters
- Mystery – Effect – Risers
- Mystery – Long – Eyes In The Dark
- Mystery – Long – Fog over the Lake
- Mystery – Long – Master of Suspense
- Mystery – Long – Unveiled Mysteries
- Mystery – Short – Cliffhangers
- Cartoon – Effect – Doublebass Glisses
- Cartoon – Effect – Orchestral Falls
- Cartoon – Short – Flea Circus
- Cartoon – Short – Tonal Phrases 1
- Cartoon – Short – Tonal Phrases 2
- Elven Choir – Textures
- Lumina Choir – Glissando
- Lumina Choir – Vibrato Effects
- Miscellaneous Textures
- Piano Harp Phrases
- Recorder Effects
- Tin Whistle Phrases in Keys
- Tin Whistle Various Phrases
- Full Orchestra & Full Choir
- Small Orchestra & Full Choir
- Small Orchestra & Sopranos
- Small Orchestra, various articulations
- Lumina Choir (large choir)
- Elven Voices (small choir)
- Cartoon Ensemble (subtle winds with piano & harp)
- Piano with harp & vibraphone
- Piano with double bass (low range)
- Solo string ensemble
Playable solo instruments
- Celtic harp
- Double bass
- New percussion
- New celesta
- Bell tower
- Soprano voice
- Alto flute
- Clarinet in B-flat
- Trumpet in B-flat
- Tin whistle
- Tenor recorder
- Alto recorder
- Soprano recorder
Dystopia sound design
Beautiful sound design based on Lumina’s audio pool
Tempo sync trio ensemble phrases
- Flute + oboe + clarinet legato arpeggio patterns
- Flute + oboe + clarinet staccato arpeggio patterns
- Violin 1 + violin 2 + viola repetition patterns
- Violin 1 + violin 2 + viola arpeggio phrases
- Violin 1 + violin 2 + viola staccato patterns
- Violin 1 + violin 2 + viola legato phrases
- Trumpet + horn + trombone chord phrases
- Trumpet + horn + trombone staccato patterns
- Recording location: Concert hall
- Mic positions: 3
- Audio pool size: 86 GB (43 GB on disk)
- Audio format: 44.1 kHz 24 bit
- Current library version: 1.6
- Kontakt Player license: Yes
- NKS support: Yes
- Copy protection: Serial number activation
- Kontakt version: 5.6.8 or higher
- Operating System: macOS 10.10 or higher, Windows 7 or higher
- Minimum CPU i5: (i7 recommended)
- Minimum RAM: 6GB (12 GB recommended)
- Supported plug-in interfaces: Stand-alone, VST, AU, AAX
- Internet connection required for activation
- WinZip or similar required to extract split ZIP files
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
Student ID Card, Letter of enrollment, or similarTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/license code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the license code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.