Puremix Tutorials: Andrew Scheps Inside The Mix - Green Day -
1hr35 Tutorial Video
Learn how Grammy-winning mix engineer Andrew Scheps mixed the Green Day single "Bang Bang".
In this exclusive mixing tutorial, Andrew opens up his final mixing session and shows you how he added the final sonic touches and details to the band's self-produced record Revolution Radio.
Watch and learn as Andrew walks you through every track, every plugin and most importantly every decision he made to bring the song to life and ready to rock radio stations worldwide.
Throughout this 1.5 hour tutorial, hear before and after comparisons and learn the techniques a multi-platinum mix engineer uses to amplify the band’s legendary punk rock energy on their 12th studio album.
Learn how to:
- Create a larger-than-life soundstage and still maintain a punk rock attitude and energy
- Find a sonic vision for the mix that fits with the artist’s concept and direction
- Loud, punchy and huge sounding drums without using samples
- Apply a mixing template for a consistent sound and easy workflow
- EQ and balance doubled heavy guitar tones
- Fill out the mix with a bass tone that grounds the entire mix and also cuts through on small speakers
- Create a distinct and clear vocal tone that adds attitude and dimension to the mix
- Add stereo bus processing to nail the mix before sending it off to mastering
- Get a loud, fast and aggressive sounding mix without making it sound squashed, smashed or losing speed/energy
Whether you’re a fan of the band or curious to see how a real hit record gets mixed, this tutorial takes you deep inside the process and techniques Andrew used to nail Green Day’s signature stadium and radio rock sound while staying true to their punk rock roots.
Please note: This tutorial does not include the multitrack stems as per the artist’s request.
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
Student ID Card, Letter of enrollment, or similarTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/license code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the license code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.