Puremix Ryan Hewitt Mixing TemplateDefault Title
Tutorial Video & Mix Template
Grammy Award winner Ryan Hewitt walks you through his ingenious mixing template, showing you how he sets up every session to work with his unique hybrid mixing workflow that allows him to mix quickly and get incredible results every time.
Instead of having to search for plugins and IO settings that he needs for every mix, Ryan has developed a starting point that puts all of his favorite signal paths at his fingertips.
After stepping through his template track by track, Ryan demonstrates how he sets up a song and applies his mixing workflow to every track.
In this tutorial, Ryan will teach you how to:
- Use both analog summing and analog processing chains as hardware "plugins"
- Mix with multiple parallel processing tracks to create the perfect sonic color for a mix
- Keep sessions neat and organized with color coding, bussing, and printing stems
- Create super clean and perfectly synchronized drum trigger tracks
- Use stereo bus processing to simplify the entire mixing process
- Differentiate sections of the lead vocal performance with unique and shared processing tricks
- Stop looking at the meters and trust your ears to create excitement and energy in the mix
- Printing mixes both with and without analog tape and limiting his clients are expecting to hear
Learn how Ryan uses his mix template then download his original session file (with plugin settings!) as well as translated versions of his template using stock plugins as inspiration to create your own custom mixing template based on his trademark mixing style and tricks.
Once you have seen how Ryan does it, you can download his personal template perfectly translated for the following DAWs:
- Pro Tools
- Logic Pro X
- Studio One
- Ableton Live
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
NUS Card, Student ID Card, Letter of enrollmentTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/licence code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the licence code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.