Rob Papen BIT
Synthesizer Virtual Instrument
Back In Time
Instead of combining the best of analog modeling with hybrid synthesis, which we can see with the other Rob Papen synthesizers, B.I.T. focuses on analog modeled synthesis.
Why this move you might think? The idea behind it is that the classic analog type of synthesis has its own charm and simply has not yet been covered by the Rob Papen brand. So, no spectrum waveforms, or samples inside B.I.T. nope, it is pure ‘Analogue Modelled’ synthesis.
Although B.I.T. has no patch cables, it is modular by all means! The Modulation Matrix is used for the patching, however, also included is the smart ‘advanced’ panel below the Oscillators. With these advanced features (accessed by switching the ADV switch), you can quickly make several connections such as LFO and Envelope to the Oscillator parameters inside of B.I.T.
Also included is the option to modulate Oscillator 2 by Oscillator 1 in several ways which expands the sound pallet with Phase Modulation, Frequency Modulation, and Ring Modulation.
A Rob Papen synthesizer would, of course, be incomplete without the arpeggiator (which can also work in sequencer mode), so a fully-featured Arp is available and has an additional free row that you can use to modulate other parts of B.I.T. by using the Modulation Matrix.
Adding the finishing touch on B.I.T. is, of course, the FX section. Some superb sounding FX are added.
Our top-notch Reverb is also included inside B.I.T. which means you won’t have to go outboard for adding reverb.
As previously mentioned B.I.T. stands for ‘Back In Time’ however it can also mean ‘Be Inspired Today’ whilst using our Analog Modeled Synthesizer.
- 16 voice virtual analog synthesizer
- Over 950 top-quality presets
- 2 Oscillators with a dedicated advance panel offering an LFO and Envelope for modulating different parts of the Oscillator
- Classic waveforms in each oscillator included 'Tuned Noise'
- 2nd Oscillator has Sub-Oscillator with Sinus, Square and Saw waveform
- Oscillator-2 can be modulated by Oscillator-1 in FM, PM, or RING mode.
- Oscillator-2 can Sync to Oscillator-1
- Oscillators have 'wave feedback' feature
- Dedicated Noise Oscillator with White and Pink Noise
- 2 analog modeled Filters with 11 different character Filter types and modes
- Filter Routing options: serial, split-osc, split-noise
- Dedicated Filter Envelope with Attack, Decay, Sustain, Fade, and Release.
- Filter Envelopes with Tempo Bases Sync option and inverted mode
- AMP with velocity control and Attack, Decay, Sustain and Release
- ARP with 16 steps and many different modes and detailed features and options
- PLAY MODE with Poly, Mono and Legato mode included many different Unison modes
- Chorus FX
- Flanger or Phaser FX
- Delay and HQ Reverb (serial)
- Bank manager
- 100%, 150% and 200% size options
- Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10
- MacOS 10.9 - 10.15
- Serial/license system with activation whilst registering the product
- The activation system is offline, which means that there is no direct connection between the plugin and the robpapen.com homepage.
- The software can be installed on 2 of your own computer systems.
- Compatible with Native Instruments NKS
- VST (32/64-bit), AAX Native (64-bit)
- AAX for PT12 or higher
- AU (64-bit), VST (64-bit) and AAX Native (64-bit)
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
NUS Card, Student ID Card, Letter of enrollmentTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/licence code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the licence code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.