Sonnox Oxford Drum Gate -
Intelligent Percussion Noise Gate
Here at Sonnox HQ we've become progressively frustrated with the unreliable results we get when using traditional tools to gate drums; chatter, misdetection, choked, and lost ghost notes to name but a few.
We believe your customers feel the same. Our research tells us that they’re already tired of the overly complex and time-consuming (automation RSI!) workflows needed to get the clean and consistent results they want.
So we'd like to introduce the Oxford Drum Gate; it's swift and logical workflow solves all these problems and delivers the fastest, most musical, and transparent results available.
There are 4 aspects to the Plug-In:
1. At the heart of it is intelligent drum-hit Detection. First, all hits are analyzed in real-time using tailor-made transient detection. Then, you simply decide which hits on which drums to keep. For example, do you need to reduce spill on a snare track in a dynamic mix of backbeats, ghost notes, and cross stick hits?
No problem! Just click the Snare button. Everything else is gated out.
2. Tired of fighting abrupt and un-musical gating? Do you want to keep the natural ring of toms and remove the spill around them? Easy! Use Drum Gate's adaptive Decay section to quickly tune the resonance of each tom, in real-time, according to the velocity of each detected hit.
3. Do you wish you could improve the consistency of the drummer's performance?
Of course you do! Conform louder main hits and softer background articulations to two separately controlled target level ranges in the Leveller section.
4. Want to augment/replace individual drums with samples and confidently retain the dynamics from the original performance? Piece of cake! It's delivered by Drum Gate's hit detection and MIDI triggering functionality.
- Precise transient detection and intelligent drum-type matching to effortlessly separate the hits you want to keep from the spill you don't.
- Create custom drum profiles to isolate unusual drum types or fix the occasional kick, snare, or tom mismatch.
- Decay curve which adapts to the velocity of each drum hit, giving you consistent spill reduction on dynamic performances.
- Spectral decay editor lets you preserve the resonance, ring, or rattle of each drum hit while quickly clamping down on the spill.
- The leveler's dual-target and amount controls let you improve level consistency without losing the contrast between loud hits and soft ghost notes.
- Real-time MIDI output and MIDI file capture, for accurately triggering drum samples.
- MacOS 10.7 Lion - 12 Monterey (Intel only)
- Windows 7 and above
- Free iLok account and iLok License Manager
- iLok Cloud and iLok USB licensing methods are supported
- Each license includes two activations
AAX Native, AU, VST2
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
Student ID Card, Letter of enrollment, or similarTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/license code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the license code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.