Tone2 Saurus3 -
Synthesizer Virtual Instrument
Finally, true analog sound no longer requires compromises! Saurus is an extremely authentic emulation of analog synthesizers. It covers all aspects of the most famous and expensive synths, but without disadvantages.
- Authentic emulation of analog synths: True-Analog-Modeling-Technology
- Covers all aspects of analog synths, but without the disadvantages
- Inlcudes 1022 presets from professional sound-designers
- Can replace a large number of very expensive analog synthesizers
- Larger sonic range than other analog emulations
- Many unique features that are not available in competing products
- Low CPU & true high-end sound quality
- Low price
- Free personal support and updates
- Comfortable and easy-to-use interface
- Larger sonic range than competing analog emulations
- Flexibility, expandability
- Analog filter with self-oscillation, FM, and feedback
- Powerful arpeggiator
- Many different play modes: Mono, legato, glide, poly, stack, auto-chord
- 4x stereo unison
New in Version 3
- Added 192 new sounds from a professional designer. The total number of included sounds has increased to 1022.
- It is possible to select from 4 GUI sizes in 'Config'.
- The synth can create an unlimited number of new sounds with FILE->'Create random patch'.
- 'Soft clip' is available in the 'Config' section.
- A scrollbar is visible in the patch browser if many sound sets are installed.
- Added detailed tooltips that are shown when the mouse is hovered over a button or list-selector.
- The text shown in the patch-browser on Mac supports hi-dpi drawing.
- The plugin detects the best GUI-size automatically.
- Patch-selector shows a checkmark for the current patch and category.
- Added Digital Signatures for the installers on PC.
- Added Notarisation for the installers on Mac.
- A double-click on a knob resets it to the default value.
- New microtuning algorithm that is more subtle and can enhance also complex chords.
True Analog Sound with State-Of-The-Art Features!
Saurus can do an extremely authentic emulation of analog synthesizers. It covers all important aspects of the most famous and expensive analog synths, but without their disadvantages.
Saurus comes with a clear, easy-to-use interface. It offers a larger sonic range and a more flexible synthesis engine than conventional subtractive synths. Saurus offers quality high-end sound, but without placing heavy demands on your CPU or budget. At the heart of Saurus are its top-notch oscillators employing our True Analog Modeling Technology, which produces a warm characteristic sound of the hardware units from the past. With PWM, Sync, AM & FM an extremely broad range of sounds can be dialed in. Saurus offers a selection of both standard and exotic oscillator types from hard-to-get analog synths. Finally, true analog sound no longer requires any compromises!
True analog sound requires an excellent filter that's capable of sounding both lush or screaming when overdriven. However, analog filters are far from perfect. They suffer from distortion, noise, phase shift, and self-oscillation. Exactly these imperfections add this magic character, which is missing in digital filters. That's why Saurus comes with a filter section that models the most famous analog filters. With precisely modeled non-linearity and self-oscillation, they sound and behave exactly like analog circuits. To top it all off the filter section also includes FM, feedback, and an analog-modeled distortion for that little extra grit.
Arpeggiator & Gate
We created an arpeggiator that doesn't just offer the basic note step functionality. It takes the concept further by adding features such as custom patterns, chords, swing, and per-step velocity. Your arpeggio sequence can be as simple or complicated as you wish.
Modulation & Effects
By using drag & drop or the matrix, Saurus allows you to connect dozens of modulation sources to sound parameters. Modulate almost any parameter up into the audio-rate speed. We've also included MIDI learn, so assigning CC's is as simple as a right-click.
To complement its sound, Saurus features various classic effects such as 4x unison, chorus, delay, reverb, and tube amp. All effects offer the highest quality possible.
Saurus offers 7 different microtuning modes that can model analog oscillator-drift. Furthermore, the engine can slightly detune certain voices to make your chords sound fatter, harmonically rich, and warm. Unlike conventional synths, our innovative microtuning is not limited to the usage of a certain tonality. Saurus is able to analyze your melodies in real-time and enhances your chords automatically. It 'just works' - you do not need to take care of anything.
- MacOS 10.7 Lion - 11 Big Sur
- Windows XP and above (64-bit only)
- Intel, AMD, or Apple Silicon CPU
- AU (64-bit only)
- VST2 (64-bit only)
- Standalone (Windows only)
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
Student ID Card, Letter of enrollment, or similarTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/license code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the license code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.