Toontrack EZKeys Cinematic Pads -
Synthesizer Virtual Instrument
For most of us, the anatomy of sound and its inner workings as a creative catalyst is a peculiar thing. The moment we hear something we can’t define – a new instrument – our minds inevitably open up to interpretations beyond the convention. Sound becomes visuals that in turn transform into tangible ideas. This library of sounds for EZkeys is a prime example of just that.
EZkeys Cinematic Pads is based around several analogue and modular synths as well as a vintage grand piano and an electric bowed guitar. Together, these components form a never-before-heard hybrid instrument of reverberant, peculiar, fluttering, ominous, visceral, fluid and literally out-of-this-world audio landscapes. With this at hand, you’re an intrepid explorer at the helm of an audio vessel headed straight into the unknown – weightlessly drifting through an interstellar cosmos en route to uncharted sonic frontiers. If you let yourself go, you’ll enter a realm where the divide between reality and dream is nothing but a lucid gradient ready for you to pierce though.
- A hybrid instrument of never-before-heard textures of sound
- Based on several analogue and modular synths as well as a grand piano and an electric bowed guitar
- In excess of 70 mix-ready presets offering a widely creative panorama of ambient sounds
- Ideal for anything from soundscapes, scores and sound design to modern pop and electronic
In simple terms, a modular synth is a make-your-own-synth system where modules like oscillators, filters, amplifiers, LFOs, envelopes and more are used to produce one-of-a-kind sounds in real-time. Several classic modular systems were used to create the unique sounds in EZkeys Cinematic Pads.
A handpicked selection of classic analogue instruments were blended in as a contrast to the modular sounds.
The bowed guitar is a Togaman GuitarViol. Essentially, this unique instrument is a hybrid of a guitar and a viola or cello. It's traditionally tuned like a classic guitar but played with a bow.
The piano featured in the back end of EZkeys Cinematic Pads is a Bösendorfer from 1891. It was sampled in traditional Toontrack fashion but had each note reversed in the final product.
- 32 and 64-bit AAX, VST, and AU instrument as well as a low latency stand-alone application
- Drag and drop the included MIDI straight to the built-in song track
- Drag and drop support for your own or third party MIDI straight into EZkeys
- Drag and drop MIDI from the song track or directly from the song browser to your DAW or to your desktop
- EZkeys will analyze and chord-separate any MIDI on the fly
- Record or overdub MIDI directly in EZkeys
- Use your own, the included or any third party MIDI/chord progressions and transform with playing styles found in other MIDI files
- Quickly add basic chords to the timeline or drag and drop any chord from the Chord Wheel
- Real-time chord display that enables you to instantly see what chords you are playing
- Chord selector, based upon the circle of fifths, allowing you to change chords instantly
- Presets for the most commonly used chord types
- Customize the coloration of any chord by opening up the detailed view
- Alter the voicing of a chord on the fly by clicking the – or + buttons in the Chord Wheel
- “Humanize” any pre-quantized MIDI upon import in EZkeys
- Transpose individual song blocks or full songs
- Export songs or files as wave files straight from the EZkeys interface
- Comes with an easy to understand music theory document including MIDI examples
- Possibility to tune the piano by octave, semitone or cents
- Dynamics controls that let you adjust the velocity response to match your keyboard or playing style
- Three pedals: sustain, sostenuto and damping
- MIDI-learn and automation
- Ready-made presets utilizing high-quality effects from Overloud. The presets range from raw and unprocessed to heavily distorted and tweaked
- Extensive MIDI library played by a professional session pianist
- All major styles covered (Pop/Rock, Soul/RnB, Country, Gospel, Jazz, Blues, Boogie, Funk)
- All songs performed in full 8 bar or longer blocks
- All songs performed with increasing intensity as intro, verse, pre-chorus, chorus and bridge variations
- Single, rhythmical and broken chords in different variations as well as FX and endings
- Straight/swing variations in 4/4 and 6/8
- Intuitive browser that lets you add you own favorites and arrange them in folders
- MacOS 10.9 or higher
- Windows 7 or higher
- Intel, AMD, or Apple Silicon CPU
- 2GB RAM or more
- AAX Native (No native Apple Silicon support currently)
- Audio Units
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
Student ID Card, Letter of enrollment, or similarTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/license code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the license code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.