Toontrack SDX: Death & Darkness
Mark Lewis & Tue Madsen Expansion for Superior Drummer 3
The Death & Darkness SDX merges two world-class studios with two of today’s most in-demand modern metal producers: Mark Lewis (Cannibal Corpse, Whitechapel, Coal Chamber) and Tue Madsen (Meshuggah, Behemoth, Hatesphere). Combined, it gives you a truly diverse and all-encompassing collection of drums designed to cater to any facet of today’s fragmented scene – from the most brutal, blast beat-ridden and breakneck-speed death metal to hard-hitting metalcore, hardcore and all the fusion-inspired hybrids of progressive metal.
The SDX was configured as two separate libraries, one for each studio. The ‘Death’ portion of the SDX was recorded by Mark Lewis at his choice studio, the Sonic Ranch in Tornillo, Texas. The Ranch’s perfectly crafted Vincent van Haaff-designed main room offers second-to-none acoustics – pristine and distinct but still dense and with a warm, resonant and balanced natural reverb. To contrast, the ‘Darkness’ part of the SDX offers a completely different experience – a darker, less polished and more raw-natured tone of drums. It was recorded in the empty swimming pool in Tue’s longtime and much-legendary Antfarm Studio in Aarhus, Denmark. With the reflective surface of the hard tile walls and floor in the pool combined with the surrounding room’s brick structure and high ceiling, the ambience of this unique room heard on countless albums is unlike any other.
Welcome to two studios, two schools of modern engineering and an almost insurmountable amount of drums ready for you to hone, mold and shape to literally anything you can imagine sound-wise. Get ready to produce drum mixes that have the power to pierce and cut through any thick wall of guitars or extremely layered production.
- Nine (9) complete kits
- A total of 19 bass drums, 19 snare drums, 35 cymbals and more
- Recorded at two different studios: Sonic Ranch, TX, (by Mark Lewis) and Antfarm Studios, Denmark, (by Tue Madsen)
- Sampled with extreme attention to detail and articulation
- Configured as two sound libraries, one for each studio
- Includes custom mix presets engineered by Mark Lewis, Tue Madsen, and Toontrack
- Sampled by drummers Sean Reinert and Michel Svane
- Includes MIDI performed by Sean Reinert and Jay Postones (TesseracT)
- 64-bit Windows 7 or newer, 8 GB RAM (16 GB RAM or more recommended).
- Mac OS X 10.6 or higher, 64-bit Intel-based Mac with 8 GB RAM (16 GB RAM or more recommended).
- For the full Installation of this product you will need approximately 184 GB of free hard drive space, plus an additional 184 GB is required for the installation process
- A working Superior Drummer 3.1.4 (or above) installation
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
NUS Card, Student ID Card, Letter of enrollmentTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/licence code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the licence code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.