Toontrack SDX: Decades by Al Schmitt
Expansion Pack for Superior Drummer 3
Decades of Experience.
A massive collection of drums recorded by one of the most prolific audio craftsmen of our time: Al Schmitt.
The Decades SDX was recorded at Capitol Studios and comes with five drum kits, all handpicked to represent a specific sound or era in Al’s career. Expect a palette of immaculate drum sounds encapsulating not only a lifetime of experience working at the apex of the industry but just as much a personal and reflective collection of kits that in a way represents his entire body of work. From jazz and big band to rock, fusion, pop, funk, and AOR – the Decades SDX covers all the styles that can be traced back to Al’s illustrious lifetime achievement.
- Produced by 23-time Grammy Award-winning engineer/mixer Al Schmitt
- Recorded at Capitol Studios in Los Angeles, CA
- Five (5) kits
- 12 snares, nine (9) kicks as well as a broad collection of hi-hats and cymbals
- Includes several iconic original instruments, like the original snare drum used by Jeff Porcaro on Toto’s “Rosanna” as well as Steve Ferrone’s personal drum kit
- Brushes and/or mallets available on select kits/instruments
- Drums from the 1920s through the late 1990s
- Recorded with an additional seven room microphones for playback in stereo up to 9.1 systems
- 64-bit Windows 7 or newer, 8 GB RAM (16 GB RAM or more recommended).
- Mac OS X 10.6 or higher, 64-bit Intel-based Mac with 8 GB RAM (16 GB RAM or more recommended).
- Basic Setup: Approx. 28 GB
- Full Stereo and 5.0 Setup: Approx. 54 GB
- Height Surround Setup: Approx. 76 GB
- Full Installation (including bleed): Approx. 99 GB
- Plus an additional 99 GB required for the installation process
- A working Superior Drummer 3.1.4 (or above) installation
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
NUS Card, Student ID Card, Letter of enrollmentTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/licence code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the licence code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.