VSL Big Bang Orchestra: Hercules -
Low Brass Virtual Instrument
- Synchron Stage Vienna’s famous low brass section in one powerful product
- Ensemble of 4 bass trombones, 1 bass tuba, 1 contrabass tuba
- Extra fortississimo for an extremely brassy and striking sound
- Multiple microphone positions, additional close mic positions
- Full-fledged set of articulations with up to five velocity layers
- From ominous pianissimos to dramatic fortississimos
- Real legatos, glissandos, swells, flutter tonguing, trills, etc.
Big Bold Brass
Right from the very first recording sessions, when we opened Synchron Stage Vienna, our Hollywood clients were extremely impressed with the brass recordings, saying they were among the best they’d ever heard.
This sought-after sound is created through a combination of highly skilled musicians with scores of scoring sessions under their belt, a fantastic hall that emphasizes the characteristics of brass instruments, and expert miking by Synchron Stage’s chief recording engineer, Bernd Mazagg. After many years of recording for international film, TV, and game music, Big Bang Orchestra: Hercules condenses all of this accumulated experience into a mesmerizing library.
Big Bang Orchestra: Hercules includes ensemble recordings of four bass trombones, one bass tuba, and one contrabass tuba that plays an octave below the other instruments and can be individually turned on or off.
The library boasts a rich set of articulations, with up to five velocity layers, variations of short notes, marcatos, real legatos, several dynamic articulations (sfz, sffz, various crescendos, and decrescendos), flutter tonguing, trills, glissandos, and fast repetitions. For long notes, you can choose whether to use an additional fff layer. Playing at such intense levels requires moving a massive amount of air through very large instruments, which is especially challenging for recording sustained fortississimo notes, specifically when playing legatos. The outstanding musicians from our Synchron Stage Orchestra were up to the task, and the results are simply stunning.
The low brass instruments of BBO: Hercules are completely new recordings that can be combined with the tutti recordings of the Big Bang Orchestra to create an even brassier low end. You’ll find the usual mixer presets that integrate seamlessly with all the other modules of the Big Bang Orchestra. What’s more, the “Processed” category offers mixer presets such as “Compressed”, “Sparkling”, “Wall of Low Brass”, “Howling Brass”, “Threatening Sustain” and many more that will shake the ground beneath you!
- Main (Decca tree stereo)
- Main (Decca tree center)
- Main surround stereo
- High stereo
- High surround stereo
- Mid stereo
- Low Brass close
Minimum System Requirements
- Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 64-bit)
- Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- OS X 10.10 (latest update) or higher
- Hard drive for sample content: 7200 rpm or faster (SSD recommended)
- 8 GB RAM
- AU/VST/AAX Native compatible host (AAX version requires Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher)
- VIENNA KEY (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
- 7.27 GB free hard drive space
- Other configurations may work but are not actively supported.
- Windows 7, 8, or 10 (latest update, 64-bit)
- macOS 10.12 or higher
- Intel i5, i7, or Xeon CPU
- SSD (M2, Sata 6 or USB3/3.1 UASP Support) for sample content
- 88 key master keyboard
Download File Size: 2.5 GB
Installed File Size: 7.3 GB
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
Student ID Card, Letter of enrollment, or similarTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/license code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the license code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.