VSL Big Bang Orchestra: IzarDefault Title
Low Brass Clusters Virtual Instrument
- Synchron Stage Vienna’s famous low brass section
- Ensemble of four bass trombones, one bass tuba, one contrabass tuba
- Half-tone clusters in a wide variety of articulations
- Extra fortississimo layers for an extremely brassy and dramatic sound
- Multiple microphone positions, additional close mic positions
- From ominous pianissimos to breathtaking fortississimos
Clusters have become a fixture in modern film scores. Especially low brass instruments are frequently deployed to create this sonic effect, so we decided to dedicate an entire volume of our Big Bang Orchestra series to exploring this technique.
BBO: Izar includes all of the articulations of the Low Brass prequel Hercules, sans legatos, played as clusters. You get short notes, marcatos, several dynamic articulations (sfz, sffz, various crescendos, and decrescendos), flutter tonguing, trills, glissandos, and fast repetitions, all played as half-tone clusters consisting of three adjacent semitones. It’s easy to figure out which notes you hear when you press a key: The played note is at the center of three clustered notes, with one a semitone higher and the third a semitone lower.
As in BBO: Hercules, the low brass ensemble consists of four bass trombones, one bass tuba, and one contrabass tuba. For sustained notes you can choose whether to use an additional fff layer. There’s also a preset that combines patches of BBO: Hercules (if installed) and Izar that lets you crossfade from straight notes to clusters.
BBO: Izar offers the usual mixer presets that integrate seamlessly with all the other modules of the Big Bang Orchestra. What’s more, the “Processed” category offers mixer presets such as “Compressed”, “Sparkling”, “Wall of Low Brass”, “Howling Brass”, and “Threatening Sustain” that correspond with the Low Brass presets of Big Bang Orchestra: Hercules.
- Main (Decca tree stereo)
- Main (Decca tree center)
- Main surround stereo
- High stereo
- High surround stereo
- Mid stereo
- Low Brass close
Minimum System Requirements
- Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 64-bit)
- Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- OS X 10.10 (latest update) or higher
- Hard drive for sample content: 7200 rpm or faster (SSD recommended)
- 8 GB RAM
- AU/VST/AAX Native compatible host (AAX version requires Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher)
- VIENNA KEY (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
- 3.6 GB free hard drive space
- Other configurations may work but are not actively supported.
- Windows 7, 8, or 10 (latest update, 64-bit)
- macOS 10.12 or higher
- Intel i5, i7, or Xeon CPU
- SSD (M2, Sata 6 or USB3/3.1 UASP Support) for sample content
- 88 key master keyboard
Download File Size: 1.2 GB
Installed File Size: 3.6 GB
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
NUS Card, Student ID Card, Letter of enrollmentTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/licence code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the licence code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.