VSL Big Bang Orchestra: Quasar -
Solo Percussion Virtual Instrument
- Drums, cymbals, gongs, percussion
- Exceptional acoustics of the large Synchron Stage Vienna
- Multiple microphone positions
- Wide variety of presets, from close to ambient, from natural to processed
This percussion module offers a collection of unpitched instruments in the categories of Drums, Cymbals & Gongs, and Percussion, derived from the Synchron Series libraries Synchron Percussion I and Synchron Percussion II.
All instruments were recorded "in situ" on their perfect spot in the large hall of Synchron Stage Vienna with an expansive, phase-controlled multi-microphone set-up, including close and mid mics, Decca tree (left - center - right), as well as surround and high surround outriggers.
Big Bang Orchestra: Quasar includes the following instruments:
- Bass drum with low tuning, played with soft and hard mallets
- Snare drum played with sticks, rods, and brushes
- 6 Concert toms (8" - 16"), played with sticks
- 10 Taikos (8" - 53"), played with several cudgels and tam beaters
- Suspended cymbal, played with sticks, soft mallets, and brushes
- 2 Tam-tams played with soft beaters
- 5 Woodblocks played with soft beaters
- 3 Slapsticks
- Thundersheet (large)
Articulations include a variety of single hits, rimshots, upbeats, rolls, and many others, depending on the instruments and beaters.
Getting the right sound out-of-the-box is a breeze, given the host of presets that not only match the sound of all the other libraries in the Big Bang Orchestra series but also stand on their own in all kinds of arrangements and styles.
By expertly combining the available microphone signals with the internal effects of the Synchron Player you get Presets such as Close, Classical, Wide, Distant, Ambient, Comp+Reverb, Boom+Comp, Far Away Echoes, and many more.
- MacOS 10.13 High Sierra and above
- Windows 8.1 and above (64-bit only)
- Intel Core i3 / AMD Athlon 64 X2 CPU or better
- 8GB RAM or more (16GB or more recommended)
- 42GB free storage space
- Free iLok account and iLok License Manager
- iLok Machine and iLok USB licensing methods are supported
AAX Native, AU, VST2
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
Student ID Card, Letter of enrollment, or similarTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/license code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the license code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.