VSL Big Bang Orchestra: Regulus -
Orchestral Virtual Instrument
- Ready-to-use musical elements and textures, from ethereal pads to pulsating patterns
- Large 50-piece string ensemble, divided into 6 sections
- Total flexibility of combinations for infinite creative possibilities
- 16 mixer channels to create your own customized sound
- A host of perfectly balanced mixer presets, from optimized stereo room mixes to immersive audio
Pulsating textures, suspense-packed tensions, risers, hits, clusters, and much more – Big Bang Orchestra: Regulus reveals an abundance of effects and unusual playing techniques, originally recorded for the Synchron FX Strings I Collection.
Evoke mesmerizing soundscapes and inspiring loops played by a 50-piece string section, from lightly bowed whispers to rumbling swarms. Easily create a panoply of colors and entire sonic worlds by simply holding one or two keys, and change intensity or add variety by moving pre-configured controllers.
Just like its bigger brother Synchron FX Strings, BBO: Regulus offers production-ready musical elements in these categories: Spherical textures, character textures, glissandos, rises and hits, clusters, harmonic effects, pizzicato effects, special pads, and “inspiration crossfades”. Dig into this treasure trove of tonal and atonal recordings and combine anything with everything to create your personal, unique tone.
While 50 microphones were used to capture an array of positions, from close to ambient, the Synchron Player’s integrated mixer presents you with 16 channels that offer close mic signals of each ensemble, front and back mics, Decca tree, main surround, and high surround signals. A host of perfectly balanced mixer presets is readily available, from optimized stereo room mixes to immersive audio applications.
- Room Mix – Down-mix of positions 6 - 10 (L/R)
- Close Mics for each ensemble (mono each)
- Mid Mic – Front of High String Ens. (L/R)
- Mid Mic – Front of Low String Ens. (L/R)
- Back Mic – Back of High String Ens. (L/R)
- Back Mic – Back of Low String Ens. (L/R)
- Main/Room Mic – Decca Tree Stereo (L/R)
- Main/Room Mic – Decca Tree Mono (Center)
- Main Surround – Stereo (L/R)
- High Stereo (3D) – Stereo (L/R)
- High Surround (3D) – Stereo (L/R)
- PC Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- OS X 10.10 (latest update) or higher, Intel Core 2 Duo
- Hard drive for sample content: 7200 rpm or faster (SSD recommended)
- 8 GB RAM
- AU/VST/AAX Native compatible host (AAX version requires Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher)
- VIENNA KEY (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
- 28.2 GB free hard drive space
- Other configurations may work but are not actively supported.
- Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 64-bit), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- macOS 10.12 (or higher), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- SSD (M2, Sata 6 or USB3/3.1 UASP Support) for sample content
- 88 key master keyboard
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
Student ID Card, Letter of enrollment, or similarTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/license code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the license code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.