VSL Big Bang Orchestra: Solaris -
Orchestral Virtual Instrument
- Ensemble of low woodwinds (8 musicians)
- Ensemble of high woodwinds (10 musicians)
- Unison and octave notes with a wide variety of articulations
- Clusters, runs, arpeggios
- Change tempo using the time-stretch feature or sync to host
- Recorded with multiple microphones at Synchron Stage Vienna
Growling lows and virtuosic highs
This all-new collection of woodwind tones and phrases offers two main categories: Low Winds and High Winds.
The Low Winds section consists of an ensemble of three contrabassoons, two bassoons, one contrabass clarinet, and two bass clarinets. Together, they perform the fundamental lows, with articulations such as short notes (both bold and agile), long notes, espressivo, short and long swells, sforzatos, sforzatissimos, and flutter tongues. All of these playing techniques are available as notes playing in unison and octaves, as well as in clusters. A crossfade patch allows you to blend seamlessly from unison to clusters and back.
The High Winds section consists of one piccolo, three flutes, two oboes, and four clarinets. Apart from long notes in unison and octaves, these top musicians from the Synchron Stage Orchestra, who have developed into a cohesive ensemble over the years, show off their synergistic virtuosity by performing runs and arpeggios in a wide variety of scales and chords. Runs are available in major and minor keys, as well as in diatonic modes, chromatic and whole-tone scales. As a variant, the "Perform Octave" patch lets you play a starting note of any length and trigger the run as soon as you press the target note an octave above or below.
Arpeggios are performed in various chords, including major, minor, sevenths, diminished, and augmented. You can choose to start the loops on the highest or the lowest notes, and you can define the exit notes as note cut off, highest, or lowest. In addition, instead of choosing to start upwards or downwards, you can create beautiful woodwind textures by letting the ensemble play upwards and downwards simultaneously. Never before was it so simple to have an entire woodwind section play vivid and shimmering, rhythmically perfect arpeggios, just by holding a single key. Played in 16th triplets, they are available in three tempos – 80, 100, and 120 bpm – and you can easily sync them to your host tempo using the Synchron Player's time-stretching feature, or even change the tempos in real-time using a controller.
- Microphone Setup
- Main (Decca tree stereo)
- Main (Decca tree center)
- Main surround stereo
- High stereo
- High surround stereo
- Mid microphones
- Close microphones
- PC Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- OS X 10.10 (latest update) or higher, Intel Core 2 Duo
- Hard drive for sample content: 7200 rpm or faster (SSD recommended)
- 8 GB RAM
- AU/VST/AAX Native compatible host (AAX version requires Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher)
- VIENNA KEY (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
- 15.8 GB free hard drive space
- Other configurations may work but are not actively supported.
- Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 64-bit), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- macOS 10.12 (or higher), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- SSD (M2, Sata 6 or USB3/3.1 UASP Support) for sample content
- 88 key master keyboard
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
Student ID Card, Letter of enrollment, or similarTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/license code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the license code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.