VSL Synchron-ized Special Edition Vol. 7: Historic Instruments -
Orchestral Virtual Instrument
- 22 instruments, taken from Historic Winds I - III, Recorders, and Glass Instruments
- Articulations: staccato, marcato, sustained, legato and sforzato (except for the glass harmonica)
- Outstanding ambience of Synchron Stage Vienna
- Pre-configured reverb settings for accurate and authentic placement of each instrument on stage
- Production-ready sound, out of the box
- Transverse flute
- Baroque oboe
- Oboe da caccia
- Cornett (Zink)
- Soprano recorder
- Alto recorder
- Tenor recorder
- Bass recorder
- Natural trumpet (in 3 different keys)
- Natural horn (with 7 different tuning slides)
- Glass harmonica
The transverse flute experienced its golden era in the Baroque period as a predecessor of the modern concert flute. The Baroque oboe covers the soprano range, whereas the oboe da caccia covers the alto register. The latter looks more like a hunting horn than an oboe, due to its curved tube and brass bell. The ophicleide is a conical-bore brass instrument that is today superseded by the saxophone and the tuba. The serpent is an ancestor of the contrabassoon and the tuba, covering the bass register of the zink (cornett) family of instruments. The Zink (or cornett) was a popular instrument of the Renaissance and Baroque periods, covering the soprano and sopranino register. The crumhorn produces the typically bright and “nasal” timbre that music of the Renaissance period is often associated with. The wooden recorders include soprano, alto, tenor, and bass recorder.
Natural trumpets were originally used as military instruments for acoustic signals. As they have no valves the instruments are characterized by their long tubing compared to modern trumpets. The same goes for the natural horn that has neither finger holes nor valves and can only produce natural tones according to the harmonic series. In order to play harmonic scales in differing keys, various tuning slides are used. The glass harmonica is a special gem that was invented in 1761. Hemispherical glass bowls rotate around a horizontal axis driven by a pedal. Sounds are produced by touching the rotating glasses with moistened fingertips. Today, the glass harmonica is an absolute rarity, with roughly ten professional players worldwide.
The Vienna Synchron Player incorporates a specifically designed convolution reverb derived from Vienna MIR Pro, featuring the outstanding ambience of the main hall of Synchron Stage Vienna. The perfectly engineered reverberation and placement presets combine customized impulse responses with expertly crafted reverb settings for each instrument. By adding the ambience of Synchron Stage Vienna’s Stage A to the relatively dry samples in real-time, the instruments of SYNCHRON-ized Special Edition Vol. 7 blend perfectly with any other product of the Synchron Series.
- Sample Amount: 20,835
- Download File Size: 5.0 GB
- Installed File Size: 11.2 GB
- Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- MacOS 10.10 (latest update) or higher, Intel Core 2 Duo
- Hard drive for sample content: 7200 rpm or faster (SSD recommended)
- 8 GB RAM (16 GB recommended)
- AU/VST/AAX Native compatible host (AAX version requires Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher)
- VIENNA KEY (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
- 11.2 GB free hard drive space
Other configurations may work but are not actively supported.
- Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 64-bit), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- macOS 10.12 (or higher), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- SSD (M2, Sata 6 or USB3/3.1 UASP Support) for sample content
- 16 GB RAM
- 88 key master keyboard
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
Student ID Card, Letter of enrollment, or similarTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/license code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the license code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.