VSL Vienna Dimension Strings III -
Strings Virtual Instruments
The most delicate string sound
This Collection expands our unique and successful Dimension Strings series to the softest string sounds ever. These instruments were exclusively played “sul tasto” (near the fingerboard), offering all-new sonic subtleties. As opposed to “con sordino” (with mute), this special playing technique is characterized by placing the bow near the fingerboard, resulting in a lack of (even) harmonics and in a very soft, breathy timbre, similar to that of a flute playing in pianissimo. The possibility of gradually increasing the number of players presents all-new subtleties for starting your arrangements “dal niente” (from nothing), or to fade out a note to little more than a bare whisper (“al niente”).
As with Vienna Dimension Strings I & II, all of the human interactions and slight imperfections of a live performance have been captured. The players were recorded in four homogeneous groups, but with dedicated microphones for each player, allowing for automatic or manual access to each individual voice and resulting in unlimited performance flexibility and authenticity.
Stunning realism through imperfection
Even the best musicians never play in perfect unison; one listens and adjusts a little slower, another faster, but perhaps with more dynamics, and so on. When playing as a group, musicians continually adapt, matching timbre, intensity, vibrato, intonation, bow speed and more. All of these interactions happen automatically in a good ensemble, led by a good conductor, and reveal the “magic” of a live performance. With Vienna Dimension Strings, individual changes in dynamic levels of the players within a group can be achieved easily with velocity crossfades. You may even designate one or two "weak" musicians to play sloppy notes, with hesitant or delayed starts, for instance.
Vienna Dimension Strings III includes the free Vienna Instruments player. With the optional Vienna Instruments Pro and its Auto Humanization feature, all kinds of nuances and variations are possible while simply playing on the keyboard, making the final result sound absolutely striking.
- Four string sections playing “sul tasto”: 8 violins, 6 violas, 6 cellos, and 4 double basses
- Recorded in groups, but with individual microphones for each player, for unlimited individual performance flexibility
- Individual Timbre and Ultimate Realism
- Sculpt your ensemble sound by adjusting level and position in the mix for each player, or desk, in order to create your personal string sound
- Assign individual controllers such as velocity crossfade and/or expression to each player for realistic dynamic changes and customized balance within the ensemble
- Free positioning of individual players or desks on a virtual stage (e.g., when using Vienna MIR Pro or Vienna MIR Pro 24)
Advanced features with Vienna Instruments Pro*
- Instant Human Performance Control within the ensemble – timing and intonation of each player can be adjusted individually
- Divisi sections with flexible groupings, e.g., 4 desks with 2 players each or 2 groups with 4 players each for the violin section
* Your purchase of Vienna Dimension Strings III entitles you to download the free Vienna Instruments software player. By using the optional Vienna Instruments Pro player, with its Polyphonic Legato and Auto Humanization features, you'll make the most of Vienna Dimension Strings III.
- Sample Amount: 101,466
- Download File Size: 25.4 GB
- Installed File Size: 38.0 GB
- Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 32/64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- macOS 10.10 (latest update) or higher, Intel Core 2 Duo
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- VIENNA KEY (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
- 38.0 GB free hard drive space
- Other configurations may work but are not actively supported.
- Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 64-bit), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- macOS 10.12 (or higher), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- 4 GB RAM
- SSD (M.2, Sata 6 or USB3/3.1 UASP Support) or separate HDD (7200 rpm or faster)
- AU/VST/AAX compatible host (also works stand-alone)
- AAX version requires Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher
- 88 key master keyboard
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
Student ID Card, Letter of enrollment, or similarTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/license code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the license code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.