VSL Vienna Instruments Pro 2Default Title
Virtual Instrument Player for Vienna Instruments Series (Single License)
The Next Generation of Orchestral Brilliance
Vienna Instruments Pro 2 will improve your workflow dramatically. Our proprietary sample player software comes with a host of outstanding innovations that will not only make your creative process faster and easier, but also add human behavior to your music. Customize all presets and articulations to your preferred way of creating music, stack multiple instruments in a single instance of Vienna Instruments Pro, play them with polyphonic legato, and breathe even more life into the samples by controlling the performance accuracy of your virtual musicians in real-time, at the touch of a single fader.
Super-fast loading-times, auto humanization, polyphonic legato, enveloped time stretching, adjustable tuning scales, built-in reverb and EQ, and a straight user interface with basic and advanced views – among so many other cool features – come together to create a powerhouse of orchestral production that will add life to your music in ways you never imagined.
While the current Vienna Instruments Player is still available as free software when purchasing any library of our VI Series, the optional Vienna Instruments Pro with a wealth of additional features loads all of your existing and future Vienna Instruments sample collections.
- Sample player software with intelligent Performance Detection for all VI Series products.
- Human Performance Control for adjusting the timing and intonation of your virtual musicians. Assign appropriate performance accuracy settings to all of your loaded articulations at once with Auto Humanization
- APP Sequencer – The internal Auto-Playback and Pattern Sequencer offers a vast variety of presets with chord voicings and phrases. Trigger rhythmic patterns, runs and accompanying arrangements of the whole orchestra at the touch of a single key!
- Enveloped time stretching – Determine which part of an articulation should be manipulated and adjust the speed of a portamento or the attack of a staccato.
- Polyphonic legato when playing chords using Legato Performance Patches
- Slot rack for up to 16 articulations per cell with volume slider and power panning for each patch. Stack your own powerful multi-instruments using auto voicing.
- Auto voicing for stacked multi-instruments.
- Super-fast loading times, even after cold starting. Load progress bar. You can even play the sounds while the sample patches are still loading!
- New GUI design: Basic View for an easy overview. Advanced View displays all of the important parameters in the same window.
- Adjustable tuning scales – Choose from several Arabic and Turkish scales, Chinese Lu, just intonation, equal temperament, Werckmeister, etc., or customize your microtunings by changing specific notes of a scale. You can even switch scales using controllers while you’re playing!
- Time stretching – works great on staccatos, runs, crescendos, etc.
- Built-in reverb (algorithmic for low latency).
- MIRx Reverb Mixing Extensions (sold separately) – Choose from five optional convolution reverb extensions based on our revolutionary MIR (Multi Impulse Response) technology, derived from Vienna MIR Pro and the Vienna MIR RoomPacks!
- Various options for switching articulations, e.g., sequence map and interval map.
- Separate volume control and EQ for each matrix.
- Customize your patches and articulations for your personal work-flow.
- Enabling/Disabling of Cells – Load huge presets with hundreds of articulations in no time, and without taxing your RAM. Specific articulations get loaded only when you "enable" their cells with a simple double-click. Disable cells to clear samples from RAM, while keeping all patch settings intact.
- Auto Cell Naming – Easily identify all loaded articulations by their cell names.
- Browser with search function.
- Keyboard display with 128 keys, showing all key switches, with adjustable volume zones and instrument ranges for stacked instruments.
- Extended Instrument Ranges – Extend the range of each articulation up to two whole tones (both in the high and low register) by simply grabbing the handles on the virtual keyboard.
- Free Remote App for Apple iOS and Android Tablet PCs included – Use your tablet as a convenient external real-time MIDI controller for Articulation switches, Velocity Crossfade, Expression, Tuning Master Volume, etc.
- SSD ready – Load 10 times more samples into your RAM, 10 times faster, by reducing the sample preload buffer size when using Solid State Drives!
- Single license included for running the software on one computer.
- AU/VST/VST3/AAX Native plug-in or stand-alone.
- Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 32/64-bit)
- macOS 10.10 (latest update) or higher
- Intel Core 2 Duo/AMD Athlon 64 X2 or better
- for MIRx: see recommended CPU requirements below
- 2GB RAM or more (with MIRx: 4GB RAM min.)
- ViennaKey (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
- eLicenser Control Center software (get the latest version from www.eLicenser.net)
- Other configurations may work but are not actively supported.
- Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 64-bit)
- macOS 10.12 or higher
- Intel i5, i7, or Xeon
- Fast separate hard drive (7200 rpm or SSD drive)
- with MIRx: 12GB RAM or more
- AU/VST/AAX Native compatible host (also works stand-alone)
- RTAS version requires Pro Tools 7.3 or higher
- AAX version requires Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher
- 88 key master keyboard
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
NUS Card, Student ID Card, Letter of enrollmentTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/licence code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the licence code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.