XILS Lab XILS 4 -
Modular Synthesizer Virtual Instrument
Ultimate Analog Matrix Modular Synthesizer
The XILS 4 emulates a prototype that was never released, the EMS VCS4, based on two intricate and interacting VCS 3 ( Synthi) cores. We also coupled them with the famous 256 analog poly sequencer
Like the 2nd huge Pin Matrix, and its numerous additional modules :
Envelopes, LFOs, S&H, Voltage Processor, Pitch Tracker, Transient etc. Or the recreation of the unique, powerful 256 analog Polysequencer, intimately tied to the synthesis engines. Add to that the analog Chorus ( 3 modes ) Delay and Phaser, the Spring Reverb, and the picture emerges.
In the XILS 4, you can connect everything with everything, and you get more than 1140 possible different connections per patch.
An endless source of inspiration for those who want to go deep into the heart of Analog Modular Synthesis.
It’s impossible to summarize what the XILS 4 can do, but, in short, here's the list of the main modules:
- 12 Aliasing-free Oscillators, grouped in 6 pairs, with WaveShaping, Hard synchronization, + 2 additional Noise oscillators
- 2 Analog Multimode Filters, Non-Linear, and zero delay Behaviors, with 3 Modes (12/18/24 dB)
- 4 Trapezoidal, looping, Envelope Generators. ( Switchable to standard ADSR )
- 1 Polyphonic LFO ( not including 2 Oscillators, each one with two output, acting as LFO at audio rate )
- Polyphonic Ring Modulator and VCA engine
- Cascade Mode: Synthesizer 1 can feed Synth 2 engine inputs
- 4 independent outputs feeding the Stereo Bus, each with one analog Lp/Hp filter
- 2 Programmable Joystick Vector Controllers ( up to 32+32 modulation targets )
- Polyphonic Sequencer with 3 independent lines, Slew rates, 3 recording modes.
- Sequencer can behave as modulation source.
- Pitch Tracker, Envelope Follower, Transient, Gate, Sample & Hold Modules
- Chorus, Delay, Phaser, Spring Reverb
- 6 Play modes (including Unison 2/4/6 ), Polyphonic and mono Portamento/Glissando/Legato, 2 different Keyboard Scaling, Polyphonic Aftertouch, and VCA handling.
- Nearly 700 presets made by worldwide famous Sound Designers
- Preset Database Engine (Find the right patch in a flash, create your own tags)
- Comprehensive manual with a getting started and tutorial sections
- More than 100 parameters mappable to midi controllers
- More than 1100 possible connections per patch
With the XILS 4 research Synthesizer, things that were impossible yesterday become now possible, with never-ending programming possibilities.
Not sure you’re ready for modular monsters? This synthesizer includes a new preset factory library, with more than 350 presets that were specially designed for it, and also includes the XILS 3 factory library.
It also includes tutorial patches, helping you to climb the first steps of your modular life.
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
Student ID Card, Letter of enrollment, or similarTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/license code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the license code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.