AIR Velvet 2
Electric Piano Virtual Instrument
Five Legendary Electric Pianos
Velvet is a virtual electronic piano that combines five legendary electric pianos from the 60s and 70s into one versatile instrument. Based on the Fender Rhodes Suitcase, Fender Rhodes MK I and MK II Stage Pianos, Wurlitzer 200A and Hohner Pianet-T, Velvet accurately emulates the sound quality, response, and nuances of each original instrument to bring your piano tracks to life. Additionally, Velvet features a pallet of onboard effects and allows you to control every aspect of the sound for unparalleled realism: turn up the tube drive controls in the preamp section to warm up your tone; adjust the timbre, dynamic response, and velocity curve to customize the playing feel; and mix in the sound of pedal and other keyboard mechanical noises to recreate an Format-AUthentic electric piano track.
Tap Into Timeless Sounds
Using proprietary dynamic modelling, a unique combination of optimized sampling and modelling techniques, Velvet is capable of producing highly realistic recreations of classic electric piano sounds with superior fidelity and dynamic response. Additionally, Velvet features the revolutionary Vintage Mode that allows you to tap into the timeless sounds heard on countless classic recordings. Vintage Mode intelligently tweaks the timbre setting to readjust the sonic character of Velvet to match these electric pianos from the past. With the Vintage Mode, you can sound just like your favourite electric piano players.
Velvet features a built-in preamp and an array of effects to add crunch, ambience, or tremolo to your electric piano track. Its powerful preamp section includes tube overdrive, compression, and a custom 3-band EQ with a parametric mid band to shape your sound. Process your sound further using a wide range of distortion, wah/filter, chorus, flanger, phaser, and tape delay effects to emulate a vintage sound or forge something new. The Ambience, Spring, and Room reverbs can add an expansive ambience to create otherworldly effects, or a small room reverb to add a bit of colour to your performance. You can also add tremolo and Format-AUtopan effects; the former is modelled after those on the original electric pianos.
Velvet includes 350+ professional presets meticulously programmed by AIR Music Technology's sound designers that make it easy to call up Format-AUthentic electric piano sounds. You can even create your own unique presets by dialling into Velvet’s powerful controls. The graphic user interface is reminiscent of vintage electric pianos, and its controls are modelled after the originals, allowing you to easily modify sounds at the twist of a knob or notch of a slider.
- A virtual electronic piano instrument with built-in effects that captures the character and response five legendary instruments
- Realistic emulations of five Fender, Wurlizter, and Hohner electric pianos:
- Fender Rhodes® Suitcase
- Fender Rhodes MK I Stage Piano
- Fender Rhodes MK II Stage Piano
- Wurlitzer® 200A
- Hohner® Pianet-T
- Dynamic modelling and proprietary engine deliver unprecedented sound quality and dynamic response
- Tweak the timbre, dynamic response, and velocity curve of each model
- Mix in the sound of the keyboard and pedal noise for mechanical realism
- Powerful preamp section with tube overdrive and compression for a crunchy tone
- Onboard 3-band EQ with a parametric mid band for quick tone shaping
- Format-AUthentic tremolo and Format-AUtopan effects deliver classic expression
- Vintage distortion, wah/filter, modulation, and amplifier effects
- High-quality reverb effects include Ambience, Spring, and Room settings
- Delay effects featuring a classic tape echo
- MIDI Learn functionality allows easy mapping to MIDI controllers
- 350 ready-to-play presets that can be tweaked to your taste
- An intuitive graphic user interface reminiscent of each classic electric piano
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
NUS Card, Student ID Card, Letter of enrollmentTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/licence code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the licence code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.