East West Voices of the Empire
Female Vocal Virtual Instruments
A cinematic and ethnic vocal tour-de-force.
EastWest/Quantum Leap present VOICES OF THE EMPIRE, a brand-new vocal product that is perfect for epic film/TV/game soundtracks, EDM, or any music requiring solo vocals or vocal harmonies using chords. Featuring the raw, primal vocals of Uyanga Bold, VOICES OF THE EMPIRE will make the perfect companion product to the newly-released blockbuster HOLLYWOOD CHOIRS.
Uyanga Bold is a unique talent, melding the ethnic musical traditions of Bulgaria, Serbia, Mongolia, and beyond. She is a trained opera singer with perfect pitch, fluent in Russian, Mongolian, French, English, and German. It’s East meets West like you’ve never heard before. Her voice is beautiful, pure, otherworldly, haunting, unsettling, powerful, genuine in its ethnic flair and world-class in its precision.
Uyanga Bold has taken the world by storm since she appeared on the scene, recently touring with Hans Zimmer with his live performances of the score from The Dark Knight. Forbes Magazine wrote “her voice harkens back to ancient civilizations” and she has been nominated as “Female Singer of the Year”. She has appeared internationally on television, radio, and in live performances, reaching over 25 million views across all platforms.
Features of VOICES OF THE EMPIRE include:
- Dozens of Mongolian, Bulgarian and Western-style, multi-sampled vocal instruments
- Dozens of expressive phrases in every key
- 2 unique Mongolian legato vocal instruments
- Traditional legato vocal instrument
- Expressive vowel multi-sampled vocal instruments
VOICES OF THE EMPIRE features 84 instruments across a variety of categories, including:
- Sustain contains a variety of vocal instrument types, including Melismas, Slurs, Sustain Vibratos, Non-Vibratos and Up-Downs.
- Legato instruments playback true legato intervals when playing two connected notes for every interval up to an octave. Available in traditional and Mongolian styles.
- Combo instruments combine multiple articulations into a single instrument that uses the Mod Wheel (CC1) or Velocity Sensitivity to determine which of the different articulations will playback.
- Words contain performances of specific words mapped across a 2-octave range. Use the Mod Wheel (CC1) to start the word at the beginning or an alternative start time.
- Phrases contain a total of 254 phrases sung in western and non-western styles. The average is 21 phrases for each of the 12 root keys. Although they were originally recorded to a tone in each key, they are improvised, and therefore random in nature.
- Keyswitch instruments combine multiple articulations into a single instrument and use keyswitches to switch between them. There are keyswitch instruments for Legatos, Melismas, Phrases, Sustains and Words.
VOICES OF THE EMPIRE requires PLAY 6 (including a new instrument search database and other new features), which is compatible with all PLAY products, and is included free with your purchase or subscription.
VOICES OF THE EMPIRE is a must-have vocal collection for composers and musicians looking for the best vocal sounds for their next project.
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
NUS Card, Student ID Card, Letter of enrollmentTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.