Tokyo Dawn Labs Kotelnikov Gentleman's Edition -
Mastering Compressor Plugin
TDR Kotelnikov is a wideband dynamics processor combining high fidelity dynamic range control with deep musical flexibility. As a descendant of the venerable TDR Feedback Compressor product family, Kotelnikov has directly inherited several unique features such as a proven control scheme, individual release control for peak and RMS content, an intuitive user interface, and powerful, state of the art, high-precision algorithms.
With a sonic signature best described as "stealthy", Kotelnikov has the ability to manipulate the dynamic range by dramatic amounts, while carefully preserving the original tone, timbre and punch of a musical signal. As such, it is perfectly suited to stereo bus compression as well as other critical applications.
The "Gentleman’s Edition" (GE) adds several improvements to the standard edition's feature set. The most obvious being an intuitive access to various equal loudness workflows, the ability to specify ratio in a frequency dependent manner, as well as a powerful sidechain high-pass filter allowing continuously variable access over slope and frequency. The Yin/Yang functions allow manipulating the harmonic pattern produced during compression, and a new "insane" quality mode increases processing fidelity even further.
Kotelnikov does not try to emulate any previously available device. The concept is a proud digital processor, it is the original!
- 64bit multi-rate processing structure for highest accuracy
- “Delta” oversampled signal path (bit transparent at 0dB gain reduction)
- Super fast, yet natural sounding compression
- "Crest factor" based control scheme offering independent release controls for peak and RMS events
- Flexible sidechain highpass filter offering continuously variable control over slope and frequency
- Advanced stereo linking options optimized for the stereo bus
- Delta preview (the difference between compressed and original signal)
- Latency compensated parallel bypass (i.e. processing not interrupted)
- Extensive documentation
- User interface rescaling (100%, 125%, 150%)
Gentleman's Edition additional features:
- External sidechain input
- Inertia timing mode
- Continuously variable control over "low relax" slope
- Left/Right sensitivity
- Powerful frequency-dependent ratio function (FDR)
- Gain reduction limit control
- Yin/Yang modes (manipulates the compressor's own distortion behaviour)
- Equal loudness output gain trimming
- Equal loudness bypass
- Additional quality modes "Insane" and "Live" (low latency)
- New "Advanced" stereo linking mode
- 10 additional user preset slots
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
Student ID Card, Letter of enrollment, or similarTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/license code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the license code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.