VSL Big Bang Orchestra: JupiterDefault Title
French Horns Virtual Instrument
- Six French horns, recorded at Synchron Stage Vienna
- Multiple microphone positions, additional close-mic positions
- Full-fledged set of articulations with up to five velocity layers
- From mysterious pianissimos to heroic fortissimos
- Real legatos, glissandos, swells, rips, flutter tonguing, trills, etc.
During the last several years of recording big projects for film, games, and commercials at Synchron Stage Vienna, our engineers have had extensive experience recording various horn ensemble sizes. Having identified a sweet spot of six double horns, that’s the ensemble size we chose for the recordings of Big Bang Orchestra: Jupiter. Its compelling sound is well rounded from pianissimo to fortissimo, and it’s extremely powerful in the louder ranges.
Working with Viennese musicians, the Vienna Horn would be the natural choice, but the double French horn is the gold standard in film scoring, so that’s what we’ve recorded for this installment of the Big Bang Orchestra. The large “Stage A” magnificently emphasizes the characteristics of the horns, and their glorious sound is captured with skillful miking by Synchron Stage’s chief recording engineer, Bernd Mazagg.
The library boasts a rich set of articulations, with up to five velocity layers, variations of short notes, marcatos, real legatos, several dynamic articulations (sfz, sffz, various crescendos, and decrescendos), flutter tonguing, trills, rips, and fast repetitions.
The horns of BBO: Jupiter are completely new recordings that can be combined with the tutti recordings of the Big Bang Orchestra to create an even brassier orchestral sound. The Synchron Player offers mixer presets that integrate seamlessly with all the other modules of the Big Bang Orchestra. What’s more, the “Processed” category offers mixer presets such as “Compressed”, “Sparkling”, “Wall of Low Horns”, “Howling Horns”, “Threatening Sustain” and more that correspond with the brass presets of Big Bang Orchestra: Hercules, Izar, and Korpernikus.
- Main (Decca tree stereo)
- Main (Decca tree center)
- Main surround stereo
- High stereo
- High surround stereo
- Mid stereo
- Horns close
Minimum System Requirements
- Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 64-bit)
- Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- OS X 10.10 (latest update) or higher
- Hard drive for sample content: 7200 rpm or faster (SSD recommended)
- 8 GB RAM
- AU/VST/AAX Native compatible host (AAX version requires Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher)
- VIENNA KEY (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
- 5.9 GB free hard drive space
- Other configurations may work but are not actively supported.
- Windows 7, 8, or 10 (latest update, 64-bit)
- macOS 10.12 or higher
- Intel i5, i7, or Xeon CPU
- SSD (M2, Sata 6 or USB3/3.1 UASP Support) for sample content
- 88 key master keyboard
Download File Size: 2.0 GB
Installed File Size: 5.9 GB
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
NUS Card, Student ID Card, Letter of enrollmentTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/licence code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the licence code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.