VSL Big Bang Orchestra: Kopernikus
Trumpets Virtual Instrument
- Four Bb trumpets, recorded at Synchron Stage Vienna
- Multiple microphone positions, additional close mic positions
- Full-fledged set of articulations with up to five velocity layers
- From dark pianissimos to the brightest fortissimos
- Real legatos, glissandos, swells, flutter tonguing, trills, etc.
Loud and Proud
As with all the brass libraries of our Big Bang Orchestra, the sound of this trumpet ensemble delivers the characteristic timbre you’re used to hearing in countless contemporary film scores. That’s why we recorded Bb trumpets with piston valves rather than instruments with rotary valves that are most common in Austrian orchestras.
This sought-after sound is created through a combination of highly skilled musicians with scores of scoring sessions under their belt, Synchron Stage Vienna’s large hall that emphasizes the characteristics of brass instruments, and expert miking by the facility’s chief recording engineer, Bernd Mazagg.
The library boasts a rich set of articulations, with up to five velocity layers, variations of short notes, marcatos, real legatos, several dynamic articulations (sfz, sffz, various crescendos, and decrescendos), flutter tonguing, trills, and fast repetitions.
The horns of BBO: Jupiter are completely new recordings that can be combined with the tutti recordings of the Big Bang Orchestra to create an even brassier orchestral sound. The Synchron Player offers mixer presets that integrate seamlessly with all the other modules of the Big Bang Orchestra. What’s more, the “Processed” category offers mixer presets such as “Compressed”, “Sparkling”, “Wall of Trumpets”, “Outer Space Trumpets”, “Threatening Sustain” and more that correspond with the brass presets of Big Bang Orchestra: Hercules, Izar, and Jupiter.
- Main (Decca tree stereo)
- Main (Decca tree center)
- Main surround stereo
- High stereo
- High surround stereo
- Mid stereo
- Trumpets close
Minimum System Requirements
- Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 64-bit)
- Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- OS X 10.10 (latest update) or higher
- Hard drive for sample content: 7200 rpm or faster (SSD recommended)
- 8 GB RAM
- AU/VST/AAX Native compatible host (AAX version requires Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher)
- VIENNA KEY (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
- 5.0 GB free hard drive space
- Other configurations may work but are not actively supported.
- Windows 7, 8, or 10 (latest update, 64-bit)
- macOS 10.12 or higher
- Intel i5, i7, or Xeon CPU
- SSD (M2, Sata 6 or USB3/3.1 UASP Support) for sample content
- 88 key master keyboard
Download File Size: 2.0 GB
Installed File Size: 5.0 GB
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
NUS Card, Student ID Card, Letter of enrollmentTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/licence code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the licence code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.