VSL Big Bang Orchestra: NeptuneDefault Title
Ensemble Woodwinds Virtual Instrument
- Ensemble of 13 woodwinds, playing in unison and octaves
- Perfectly balanced blend of the entire woodwind choir
- Multiple microphone positions, additional close mic positions
- Variations of short & long notes, espressivo, sfz, sffz, swells, flutter tongues, etc.
- Exceptional acoustics of the large Synchron Stage Vienna
13 Woodwinds – One Ensemble
The woodwind sections of the Big Bang Orchestra are available in two modules. BBO: Neptune includes “tutti” recordings of all 13 woodwind instruments that correspond exactly to the ones included in the Big Bang Orchestra modules, where the entire orchestra is playing at once, e.g., Andromeda, Black Eye, and Capricorn. Taking a different approach, BBO: Orion offers four separate ensembles of flutes, oboes, clarinets, and bassoons, with three musicians playing together in each ensemble.
In Big Bang Orchestra: Neptune, the “tutti” ensemble of all the woodwinds brings together 13 musicians with their diverse instruments, from the piccolo to the contrabassoon. Recording the rich and colorful sound of these heterogeneous instruments as a group is ideal for showcasing the delicate balance and blend of the entire woodwind choir, particularly when employing Vienna’s finest players.
Here’s a list of all instruments that contribute to BBO: Neptune’s tutti sound:
- 1 Piccolo
- 3 Flutes
- 2 Oboes
- 1 English horn 2 Clarinets in Bb
- 1 Bass clarinet
- 2 Bassoons
- 1 Contrabassoon
Via key switching, you have the option to remove the piccolo and its clearly audible high tone from the tutti sound, if you wish.
The included articulations with up to three velocity layers correspond to those of the other tutti BBO modules such as Andromeda, with variations of short notes, long notes, repetitions, espressivo, soft swells, sforzando, sforzatissimo, crescendos, flutter tongues, trills, and fast repetitions.
The woodwinds of BBO: Neptune are completely new recordings that can be seamlessly combined with the tutti recordings of the other Big Bang Orchestra modules to add even more and varied colors. As always, the Synchron Player offers a wide variety of mixer presets that blend perfectly well with all the other BBO sections and ensembles. In addition, the “Processed” category offers mixer presets such as “Compressed”, “Sparkling”, “Howling Woods”, “Outer Space Woods” and more.
- Main (Decca tree stereo)
- Main (Decca tree center)
- Main surround stereo
- High stereo
- High surround stereo
- Mid microphones
Download File Size: 3.0 GB
Installed File Size: 7.5 GB
Minimum System Requirements
- Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 64-bit)
- Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- OS X 10.10 (latest update) or higher
- Hard drive for sample content: 7200 rpm or faster (SSD recommended)
- 8 GB RAM
- AU/VST/AAX Native compatible host (AAX version requires Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher)
- VIENNA KEY (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
- 7.5 GB free hard drive space
- Other configurations may work but are not actively supported.
- Windows 7, 8, or 10 (latest update, 64-bit)
- macOS 10.12 or higher
- Intel i5, i7, or Xeon CPU
- SSD (M2, Sata 6 or USB3/3.1 UASP Support) for sample content
- 88 key master keyboard
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
NUS Card, Student ID Card, Letter of enrollmentTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/licence code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the licence code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.